Thread: Quick and Dirty guide to Japanese

Default Quick and Dirty guide to Japanese

http://users.tmok.com/~tumble/qadgtj.html

Unsure if anyone has posted this before, but I thought it might help for those of us who dont know much Japanese, and want to learn basic things fast.

I havent ventured far into it yet, but it was recommended to me by a sempai who said if you study it solid for a month or two, your Japanese will be super improved.

So there
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompson.

yeh, the stuff in there is fairly good.

the glaring omissions do indeed glare though. :P

like him saying adjectives *always* end in 「vowel」+i. he's leaving out an entire class of adjectives which don't. :P

but ja, a good read.
    fucking genki

Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar

Where's the dirty? :?: I was expecting a web version of Making Out In Japanese...

And yeah, glaring omission of na adjectives there. Also, "Adjectives never end in e+i, those are nouns" is utterly wrong. What are "kirei" (pretty, clean) and "shitsurei" (rude), chopped liver?
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwimusume
    Where's the dirty? :?: I was expecting a web version of Making Out In Japanese...
    Heh heh, me too!
    Dr Peterson: 'I'm a schoolteacher'
    Porter at Empire Hotel: 'Thought so: they always look as if they've lost something' -From "Spellbound"

Ahh sorry to disappoint girls!!

If you wanna hear dirty I could tell you a story about what I heard coming from my neighbours house this morning.

But to keep this thread on topic I would have to tell you in Japanese, and I dont know enought to do that yet...
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompson.

What's with his little conspiracy that universities teach poorly so they can have you attend their classes longer? Methinks he had a bad experience in college.

Yeah I think thats a little wanky and conspiriacy theorist - but if you skip all that stuff...

Hunter S. Thompson.

Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BarcelonaDude
    What's with his little conspiracy that universities teach poorly so they can have you attend their classes longer? Methinks he had a bad experience in college.
    Or maybe he wanted to go to a college that taught Japanese but couldn't for some reason, and so he's trying to reassure himself that he's not missing much...

Not cool, dude. You just look really bitter. And as far as I've seen, the only people who need to put disclaimers saying "Don't bother calling me on --- because I don't care" are people who know their site is flawed. Just sayin', is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

If you're looking for Dirty Japanese I recommend this book:-

http://www.amazon.com/Making-Japanes.../dp/0804833966

Don't be fooled by the name, over half of the book has other useful casual Japanese, really casual hanging around with friends/how to insult people etc.
    The sequel to this book with "More" (Which you can get as part of the double pack) has lots more love making style Japanese in it.

If you're looking for rude insulting Japanese only, I suggest this book:-

http://www.amazon.com/Outrageous-Jap...d_i=0804833966

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

are you serious, both of those books are crap, try learning the bad japnese out of those and then talking to a japanese guy or gal , they will laugh you out the bar....those are good for like highschoolers studing japnaese back in their home countries,...just ask some young yankee guys and you will learn all the diry jgo you need

mark
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

If you actually wanna learn cool/dirty Japanese, this is a must:

http://www.amazon.com/Dirty-Japanese.../dp/1569755655

Everything from better ways to say hello and introductions to scoring coccaine and telling a girl how to best suck your dick.