Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dealing with spew-shoku!

Quote Originally Posted by yeulih
    No need to be modest, didn't you have 5 plates last time?
    Haha, I paid for 5 plates. I went all brave gaijin and got a mysterious ball substance...that I left at the table. It was some sort of gelatinous shell around a shrimp floating in mayo. No more brave gaijin.

Even the Irishman wouldn't touch it.

To keep on topic, I do snack a little during the day. I love the popsicles here! They're just small enough to survive the one second it takes to inhale them in this humidity!

I remember reading "oh man the school lunch is awful!"

I think they're pretty good. Only the lukewarm milk makes me gag a little.

In answer to your question I've seen the kids just empty the bowls back into the pans etc

There's a table where they sell bread by where the kids change their shoes in my school, but I haven't seen anything resembling a cafeteria. And I haven't been brave enough to order lunch from the ladies downstairs yet. You also have to order by 9:30, and I'm never really thinking lunch at that time.

I also tried to get peanut butter, but it turned out to be peanut cream and looked like jelly.
    Shit. I got really excited when I found penattsu kureemu, because I hadn't seen actual peanut butter anywhere yet. Now I haven't tasted this kureemu yet, but you've got me worried. And lucky me, if I'd turned the corner where I found the kureemu, I could have gotten Skippy. haha Why don't they put things together/in normal places in the markets here!?