Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats up with NOVA

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

Default Whats up with NOVA

so does anyone know whats up with nova? I was listening in on a teachers conversation ysterday and they said somthing about alot of teachers are applying for private ALT jobs right now because Nova,or its main company is going belly up any day. The CEO has gone missing and they think he's taken his money and run to the Caribbean.

any truth to this?
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

VIP

I dunno about that CEO rumour, but the company is definetly in trouble.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0070925zg.html

Which is crap news for my boyfriend who is currently in Fukuoka doing training. *laughs* We're....starting to look elsewhere.
    Fight like a grapefruit, aim for the eyes.

I read loads of people haven't been paid

Ah well, sucks for them.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/stor...ectid=10465542

This one came from the NZ Herald this week... NZers are being warned off NOVA.

Ours CIRs partner was part of Nova, but just managed to get out of it recently. She was teeling us there have been missing pays, branches closing without warning etc etc..
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompson.

Whatever happens at NOVA a lot of people will be jumping ship (if they're not pushed).

That means that jobs in the ekaiwa market are going to have a glut of applicants - so its going to be more difficult than usual for ALTs to move to that nice ekaiwa job in Osaka (or wherever) post-JET.

One of my former college room mates is doing NOVA in Osaka now. He hates it. Poor bastard should have turned in his JET application (two years in a row he failed to turn it in), he would have been a shoe in.

Its probably for the best though. He came here to date Japanese women, yet in one year, he`s yet to get with any. Thats right. A white guy, with good Japanese, in Osaka, failing to get any Japanese love. Its like a bad joke, only its his life.

One of my former college room mates is doing NOVA in Osaka now. He hates it. Poor bastard should have turned in his JET application (two years in a row he failed to turn it in), he would have been a shoe in.

Its probably for the best though. He came here to date Japanese women, yet in one year, he`s yet to get with any. Thats right. A white guy, with good Japanese, in Osaka, failing to get any Japanese love. Its like a bad joke, only its his life.

I know someone in NOVA and I guess it really is sinking fast. Glad I stuck with JET and not NOVA.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaZ
    He came here to date Japanese women, yet in one year, he`s yet to get with any. Thats right. A white guy, with good Japanese, in Osaka, failing to get any Japanese love. Its like a bad joke, only its his life.
    :smt005 :smt009 :smt005
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by lains
    He came here to date Japanese women, yet in one year, he`s yet to get with any. Thats right. A white guy, with good Japanese, in Osaka, failing to get any Japanese love. Its like a bad joke, only its his life.
    The punch line to this joke is that he`s actually decent looking and in good physical shape. (Not a fatty)

Its a sad world we live in.

VIP

The punch line to this joke is that he`s actually decent looking and in good physical shape. (Not a fatty)

So let's see. He can speak decent Japanese. Is decent looking. Not a 'fatty'.

Y'know what that leaves?

He's a douche.
    Fight like a grapefruit, aim for the eyes.

Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KateW

Y'know what that leaves?

He's a douche.
    You beat me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

Quote Originally Posted by lains

Why dont you fuck him then?
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by KateW

Y'know what that leaves?

He's a douche.
    But Japanese girls LOVE the douches! I bet the problem is he is treating them like equals with respect and kindness. Tone that down a few notches and watch the Japanese girls swarm. 8)
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

http://www.zgeek.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71166

I've had friend and family msg'ing me about this in a panic. Ain't it sweet that they worry about whether I'm getting fucked over or not.

JoshuaZ, is your friend horribly shy or something? Or just can't get into the swing of it? Hopefully the poor bugger will get into it (npi) soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_X
    But Japanese girls LOVE the douches! I bet the problem is he is treating them like equals with respect and kindness. Tone that down a few notches and watch the Japanese girls swarm. 8)
    That sadly seems to work on australian girls too.
    For relaxing times when ITIL explodes, make it Japanistan time. (Actually, don't, it's broken forever)

Quote Originally Posted by lego
    My hobby is play sex play masturbation hand shikoshikoshiko.

Quote Originally Posted by Sciby

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_X
    That sadly seems to work on australian girls too.
    Really? When I turned single this March, my mother asked me not to date any Australian JETs. You know, in the US, the stereotype goes that Australian women hang out at airports in hopes of meeting foreign men because Australian men treat women like shit. Isn't that terrible?
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Well, it's not like Australian women are submissive or anything, faaaar from it - they happily fight back. It's just that in my humble experience, "treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen" actually works. Can't say I actively embrace it, but when i'm trying to give someone the cold shoulder, they seem to chase me more. It's perverse.

When the US marines come to town, all the local girls run over to the army base because, A: the marines are polite and respectful (as they're instructed to be), and B: they're all buffed up and manly soldier men. They leave the local lads in the dust. It causes some interesting fights in the bars.

Anyway, Australian guys aren't horrible for the most part, you could do worse. It just depends on the guy, I guess.

Edit: Y'know, I just remembered the american lads that come here to the college - the aussie girls won't touch them, but the US boys are keen as mustard, disturbingly so. They bring over the "fuck yeah!" frat boy attitude and expect the place to be non-stop alcohol and sex (which it kinda is, but not in the teen movie way). They get a bit put out when they realise that they're freaking out the australian girls.

The australian guys happily corrupt the american girls though.
    For relaxing times when ITIL explodes, make it Japanistan time. (Actually, don't, it's broken forever)

Quote Originally Posted by lego
    My hobby is play sex play masturbation hand shikoshikoshiko.

My husband quit there after a week, after hearing about how his coworkers were being threatened with eviction cause NOVA was pocketing their rent payments and how NOVA had to borrow money to pay them late last month. We don't think we'll be seeing his paycheck. He really enjoyed the job too, so that sucks for him.

I'm pissed about the 16,000 yen refund from his insurance I'll probably never get.

Are you surprised when maccy d's doesn't pay your rent for you?Its a mickey mouse company so just be happy that they give you anything
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sciby
    Well, it's not like Australian women are submissive or anything, faaaar from it - they happily fight back. It's just that in my humble experience, "treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen" actually works. Can't say I actively embrace it, but when i'm trying to give someone the cold shoulder, they seem to chase me more. It's perverse.

When the US marines come to town, all the local girls run over to the army base because, A: the marines are polite and respectful (as they're instructed to be), and B: they're all buffed up and manly soldier men. They leave the local lads in the dust. It causes some interesting fights in the bars.

Anyway, Australian guys aren't horrible for the most part, you could do worse. It just depends on the guy, I guess.

Edit: Y'know, I just remembered the american lads that come here to the college - the aussie girls won't touch them, but the US boys are keen as mustard, disturbingly so. They bring over the "fuck yeah!" frat boy attitude and expect the place to be non-stop alcohol and sex (which it kinda is, but not in the teen movie way). They get a bit put out when they realise that they're freaking out the australian girls.

The australian guys happily corrupt the american girls though.
    Hhmmm.... very interesting Sciby!