Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nova?

Don't go. Find another job. If you have a college degree (which, if NOVA offered you a job, you must) then I'm sure you can get a better job than cleaning Taco Bell bathrooms. People aren't getting paid, they're getting eviction notices even though they paid their rent (to NOVA, who's keeping it) and my husband's insurance refund still hasn't (and probably never will) come through. He quit, out of fear that they wouldn't pay him. The people he met in training has tons of dead roaches all over their apt (which probably means there's live ones) and they have leaky pipes and holes in their walls, etc. Oh, they also changed their placement when they met them at the train station IN JAPAN.

So, if you feel up to possibly not getting paid, and losing out on the money for your plane tickets (and I'm sure it'll be fun to find another job, cause like others have said, the employees are jumping ship before it sinks) go for it, but I would not recommend it.

My friend managed to find a job at a private eikawa in Saitama from the US. If you want me to find out the site she used, I can ask her for you.

Quote Originally Posted by abbajen
    Don't go. Find another job. If you have a college degree (which, if NOVA offered you a job, you must) then I'm sure you can get a better job than cleaning Taco Bell bathrooms. People aren't getting paid, they're getting eviction notices even though they paid their rent (to NOVA, who's keeping it) and my husband's insurance refund still hasn't (and probably never will) come through. He quit, out of fear that they wouldn't pay him. The people he met in training has tons of dead roaches all over their apt (which probably means there's live ones) and they have leaky pipes and holes in their walls, etc. Oh, they also changed their placement when they met them at the train station IN JAPAN.

So, if you feel up to possibly not getting paid, and losing out on the money for your plane tickets (and I'm sure it'll be fun to find another job, cause like others have said, the employees are jumping ship before it sinks) go for it, but I would not recommend it.

My friend managed to find a job at a private eikawa in Saitama from the US. If you want me to find out the site she used, I can ask her for you.
    Thanks for the tips.

What did your husband do right after he quit Nova, did he immediately find another teaching job or go back home?

What were the penalties that he received for breaking the one year contract?

Also, if you could ask your friend about that school she just joined in Saitama, that would be perfect. Again, Thanks for all the help.