Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: UK JET application thread 2007/2008

Quote Originally Posted by MacGowan

You've been getting emails? Hmm... that's interesting. Was this a group email, or a reply to a question you sent? I haven't had anything.
    The email was one the alternates got yesterday after being phoned telling us of our promotion to shortlist status. The rest of the email was just alternate specific instructions like dates for getting our forms in.

My graduation is the 17th July so i'm glad I won't be missing it also

I got in, as did 2 others from my uni, I wonder though what the shortlisting etc rate is, we estimated it at around 40-50% by the figures posted from 2005 but I dunno,
    I was shit nervous after my interview, i screwed up one question (if you could take 3 things what would they be) and when they tested my Japanese I was completely unprepared ("discuss a recent news event" my arse, my mates got "how old are you?") and so screwed that up and as such was not hopeful.
    It was such a tough interview though, the woman doing it gave no visual indication when I had answered the question and as such kept on rambling...so stressful.

my interview question threw me a bit too. its easy to answer after giving it 10 mins thought but, explain the difference between england, great britain and the united kingdom.
    i went nuts and started talking about teh queen government and a load of other random crap. but hey i still made it.

Did you guys have the old(ish) Japanese woman, the old British guy and the young Japanese aide guy at the back of the room?

Also, did you guys get the 'lessons, lesson's, lessons'' teaching exercise? Man did I balls that one up.

I had a woman with an American-y accent and a middle-aged ish Japanese guy, both were very cold but I think that was how they were supposed to do it, impartial approach and all.
    Still.
    Police reply form arrived today, we are now good to go!

I think I had the same panel as you Chris, an American (or Canadian, I guess) former JET and reasonably aged Japanese bloke.

What day were you guys on? I had mine on Friday the 1st. Maybe they changed up the panel from day to day. Would be interesting to see if one panel or another had a higher acceptance rate.

I think mine was the week after, but they had more than one interview panel at one time, as they were backlogged with my interviewers and as such i had to wait whilst other people went in front.
    Bearing in mind all of our stuff has to go through Tokyo as well I'd be surprised to find that one panel had a higher acceptance rate than the other

It's not that unlikely, the final decision in Tokyo can only be made on the grounds of the scores they receive from the interview panel in the first place.

I think I was on the 8th.