Thread: lessons for visiting friends

Default lessons for visiting friends

my college roommate is here for a few weeks visiting. i want to bring her to school and my schools said that would be cool if she could come.

what are some things we could do in class?

have you had people visit you and come to school?

any suggestions would be appreciated. i can only think of boring stuff like "have the students each ask a question"

Just think of any special talents or abilities your friend has and exploit them. When my sister came to visit we did some multi-language conversation lessons, because she's fluent in Spanish and German. One class had a student who was fluent in Thai, and another had a student fluent in Mandarin, so through all these classes we had the students learning fun expressions in a wide variety of world languages.

resurrecting this thread.

My boyfriend is going to be here in two weeks. I was told that I'm to be the "primary" teacher for the 2nensei in March, so I was thinking their last lesson I'd bring him in (combining classes so it'll just be 5 classes spread over two days) and do something for the class..

I'm thinking some sort of interview thing but dunno how fun that'll be. Any other suggestions?

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

My husband and I went to a friend's school last week. We split the kids into three groups. I did a pronunciation/listening fun activity, hubby did card tricks and our friend played bingo to revise words he'd taught them the previous lesson. After 10-15 minutes the groups rotated. At the end we gave them time to ask questions.
    Really successful and heaps of fun.
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls