Thread: Thanksgiving activities?

Default Thanksgiving activities?

So, with Thursday being Thanksgiving, I`m expected to somehow do a short (5-10 min) activity with my classes about it, and plan an entire activity with my ESS club. I have some general ideas but they suck and I have no creativity, my activity last year was pretty whack.

So, what kind of fun things do you guys like to do? I`m in an SHS.

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

Make corn cobs from yellow card and have each student write something they are thankful for on a corn cob. Then cut 2 pieces of green card to fit over the cob (with the split in the centre, so it looks like an unshucked ear) and glue them in place (ETA: just the outside edges, so the centre opens like a window)
    Then "plant" the "corn" on green card "stalks" along a wall with tape. Students can then wander along and read what others have written.
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

We made a giant turkey out of hand tracings and each student decorated theirs and wrote what they were thankful for on it. The I put up the turkey in our LL classroom.

Don't know what ages you're teaching but I've made paper wishbones for the students to rip in half. I gave the student with the most wishbones a sticker. Then we drew turkey's with our hands. These kids are 6 so they liked it a lot. I also showed pictures of big tables full of food and explained a little about it.