Thread: what to wear

Default what to wear

I had a quick question. In our Q&A session a woman said that female teachers have rules about showing too much of their arms. In other words, no sleeveless shirts (not spagetti straps or anything, just plain sleeveless). For those of you who have taught, or heard about other teacher's experiences, is this the case? I have some nice shirts and I want to know whether I should even bring them. Thanks!

My predecessor said sleeveless is a definite no! It may be different at your school...but I won't be baring my shoulders while I'm at work! I've also heard that you shouldn't show much cleavage!!
    Have you asked your predecessor about this?

no bare arms at work, if you are from uk, dont bother wasting luggage allowance with sleeveless blouses, you're very unlikely ever to wear them. they're a no no at work, as is cleavage!! :x very conservative here! was a big shock to me and i had nothing suitable to wear when i arrived... suggestion: pop into m&s and buy something your mum would wear! :wink:

Default wozwer!

hey monkey,

you seem to be a jet. Ive got a question for you, do you like pineapple? Because I like pineapple very much. Can I buy pineapple in japan? I also like banana milkshakes very much. Can I buy banana milkshakes in Japan?

Thanks,

Its Ya boy!

Default sorry bean

there are no pineapples and no bananas in japan
    all u can buy here to eat is tortilla chips and pitta bread
    soz
    p.s. i think ur very sexy... can u reveal ur true identity, i'd like to get to know u better!

Ummm ... I'll just leave quietly, shall I?
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

Default monkey

wowzer! didnt think my personality could shine so brightly on the intranet. Im upset theres no pineapple in japan, but its ok, i can ship some over from my native England. Do you fancy meeting up at the tokyo orientation, we can talk computers.

You can show me your laptop and I`ll insert my floppy into your hard drive.

I wonder if this sleeveless tabu isn't partially because, with sleeveless shirts, it's easier to catch a glimpse of a woman's bra... Not exactly something the school board wants in teachers. I had a grade 5 teacher whose slip I could always see.