Thread: xmas lesson for kindergarten

Default xmas lesson for kindergarten

any ideas?

umm..making cards works well for JHS, but...i dont know what english to try and actually teach to kindergarten, i pretty much have to teach them " my name is so and so" every single time!

so now what?

Put on a Santa suit and run around like a dick handing out sweets.

They're in kindy mate, they don't need Christmas lessons, just fun.

I thought this is what your other thread was about... read my answer from there.
    Dr Peterson: 'I'm a schoolteacher'
    Porter at Empire Hotel: 'Thought so: they always look as if they've lost something' -From "Spellbound"

Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar

My lesson goes:

1: Show them some pretty pics of Christmas in my home country and let them ask questions and/or tell me what they do in the holidays. Had some really chatty kids today, so this part took about 20 minutes and the kids enjoyed it.

2: Teach them part of a simple Christmas carol and have them sing it.

3: Hand out bits of A4ish-sized paper with a blank Christmas stocking drawn on it and have them decorate them however, then have them cut them out and put them up somewhere. I like to play Christmas carols while they're working on them.

4: If there's time left over, I teach them another song or one time when there was quite a bit of time left over I handed out blank bits of paper, had them decorate them however they wanted and then showed them how to make crackers. I guess you could put stickers or candy in them, but I didn't have any on me when I did it and the kids got excited enough just pulling them with their friends.

This works for me for a 45min-1 hour lesson.
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

"we wish you a merry christmas" or "jingle bells"