Thread: Butter up Paul thread!

Default Butter up Paul thread!

So he let's ini back in. The quality of the threads is suffering - we've got one about laundry and one about 'Is the Tokyo Orientation Really Worth It', which scores a 10 for originality.

So um .. Paul. I thought I saw you at Kyoto station the other day so I called out to you (you were about a meter and half a meter away) but it wasn't you and I looked like a tool. But that's how much of a fan I am - willing to look like a tool for you! Bring back Ini please ....
    Melanie: back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdDxFsopVs

'Oh it's so wonderful to be an older woman. All this old stuff to do'

I find it ironic that someone who gets upset about people listing examples of their students making funny mistakes in English (the same person who also makes the same fun by always starting threads with "let's blogging") is calling for the return of the most offensive person on the planet.

Paul, please don't let Ini back. He made me not want to read threads in the forum that I thought might be helpful because of his filthy language and disparaging comments to people. I've gotten a lot of helpful information since he left...and to be fair, the laundry thread was a genuine call for advice from the community.

The threads may be all nice and helpful without him, but they're also dreadfully boring. You don't think they're boring, because you're new and all this information is vital and exciting to you. But to us, it's the same old thing over and over again, month after month, year after year. Ini, and people like him, shake things up a little bit and make more of the generic threads on here worth reading.

This place was better with him. That's my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenody
    the same person who also makes the same fun by always starting threads with "let's blogging"
    I've lost count of the number of times the sentence "Hey Dombay, let's drinking!" has crossed my lips. Probably only second to "Let's singing!" Our lives would be the poorer for it.

Ini doesn't play nice with the little ones, but he keeps the rest of us amused. Can we have our rude and obnoxious toy back please, Mommy?
    "Pay no attention to the super delegates behind the curtain." - CBS News

LOL..."little ones"...I'm older than most of the people on this forum, I think. But in all seriousness, you can't expect Paul to let someone so blatantly offensive back in, can you? I doubt I am the only one who would prefer not to wade through Ini's garbage in the hopes of getting some valuable information from people who are out there doing the job that I have applied for. It's one thing when someone is rude, but contributing. However, I seldom saw Ini do anything but trash others' opinions and call people filthy names, myself included. I'm glad he's gone.

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

i disagree, he was very helpful on many occations. and this site is not just one for helping new applicants get info for getting into jet, although that is one thing we do here, it is also for entertainment for those of us that are bored half the week or need something to cheer us up or make us laugh every once in a while. i do agree there are rules on here and paul has every right to enforce them, however it has gotten pretty dull here over the past months...
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

Nishiazai-cho, Shiga-ken ---> California, USA

I certainly cant say I miss him...
    You got the BFG 9000...Oh yes!!

VIP

No.

If you need someone to entertain you, find someone who can do it without breaking the very lax rules we have here with every other post. About 10% of his posts were funny, insightful, and even helpful. Sadly, the other 90% were just plain crass, obnoxious rubbish.

If you're wondering what has brought me back to the site, its the "Report" spam in my mailbox.

This site has the minimal rules required for civilised discussion. Anyone who can't abide by them can piss off and spew their shit on some other forum that will let them. If you find that entertaining, then I suggest you head there too. Except most people don't really, because the absence of rules just makes everything sink down to the lowest level.

You can't have it both ways. Well, actually you can: Frequent two forums. Here you will have boring, stuffy, intelligent discourse, and somewhere else I'm sure you can find toilet humour to help pass the hours at your desk.

This site was always about being a friendly and helpful place where even newbies could feel welcomed, which wasn't available at the time. Entertaining bored people is a bonus, nothing more.

And if you don't like it, start your own site. I've been funding this one for 4 years, and the last time I received a paypal donation was about 3 years ago.

Matt

PS. If you want more rants, feel free to keep abusing the Report feature!!
    Mabushiii!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamis
    An angry letter from the landlord
    Ok, which one of you fuckers have been leaving your keitai on the table on manner mode? Use a pillow you inconsiderate pricks!

My...things have certainly changed since I last seriously frequented the forums during the initial founding.

Granted, I have very little opinion on this matter (seeing as this is an old thread, it doesn't really matter now does it) since I only now frequent it around this time of year so I can harass all the newbies at interview time. Oh well.