Thread: Emergency "review" game for JHS 3nensei

Default Emergency "review" game for JHS 3nensei

I have about 5 hours to come up with and prepare the materials for the game. 3 of those hours will be spent with other classes.

It will be review and basically New Horizon. This was sprung on me about 30 minutes ago. Class size is about 25 kids with very short attention spans.

I'm thinking two team battleship (where I place the ships for each team), but I don't know how well that will work out.

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

Blackboard baseball. Kids versus you. (How big is the class? If it's 40 kids, split them in two and run two games at the same time)
    Draw a baseball diamond on the board. Kid comes up to "bat", you ask a question. They answer, draw a dot next to first base, next kid comes up to bat. You can have the three strikes rule, too.
    Idea is for you to get them all out before they score x number of runs.
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

I just went with battleship. They ended up tying.

I'm doing a treasure hunt next week, though. With them receiving a clue from me (in English), and then they follow the clues they find "Go look underneath the brown bench outside by the sports field.