Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: a good site

  1. #1
    Senior Member shindayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Okuchi-shi Kagoshima Japan
    Posts
    199

    Default a good site

    This is my university's Japanese self help site. It comes in useful if anyone else would like to have it as a reference:

    http://laits.utexas.edu/japanese/joshu/

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    chiba ken
    Posts
    329

    Default

    http://www.guidetojapanese.org/
    a good reference, and occasionally good at clarifying grammar points that get butchered often

  3. #3
    Senior Member shindayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Okuchi-shi Kagoshima Japan
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cb
    http://www.guidetojapanese.org/
    a good reference, and occasionally good at clarifying grammar points that get butchered often
    ha! Yeah, I've used this site quite often as well. Sometimes, Japanese teachers assume we learn things in one week and should know them for the rest of the semester without practicing it more than that week. So, yeah. It is a definite help.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shindayou
    ha! Yeah, I've used this site quite often as well. Sometimes, Japanese teachers assume we learn things in one week and should know them for the rest of the semester without practicing it more than that week. So, yeah. It is a definite help.
    Hey, you know where they get the teaching style from?

    Yea, that's right: from their english classes back in JHS and HS!

    I swear, all my uni Japanese teachers taught their classes EXACTLY like my JTEs, though they were a lot more creative, for sure.

  5. #5
    Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S-A-G-A Saga!
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MostHolyPorcine
    I swear, all my uni Japanese teachers taught their classes EXACTLY like my JTEs, though they were a lot more creative, for sure.
    Now I think about it, that explains the lecturer I had who spent ages lecturing us on grammar (albeit in the target language rather than our own.)
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

  6. #6
    Senior Member tedcase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miyazaki
    Posts
    1,998
    The locals possess a peculiar aversion to the bayonet.

  7. #7
    tanuki
    Guest

    Default

    that's a neat site... thanks!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    122

    Default

    For anyone wanting to know how their written Japanese compares to an elementary or middle school student's, here's a great site:

    http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/feature/gak...tm?from=yoltop

    The files are all in .pdf, so you can print the tests out, and the link to the answers are located right next to the link to the test.

    Also, I think these tests would be great practice for people thinking about taking the JPLT 2kyuu or 1kyuu.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Paper_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cb
    http://www.guidetojapanese.org/
    a good reference, and occasionally good at clarifying grammar points that get butchered often
    This is an AWESOME site! It really kick-started my interest in learning Japanese seriously again... and its so easy to understand now. Thanks for your post :smt007

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paper_
    Quote Originally Posted by cb
    http://www.guidetojapanese.org/
    a good reference, and occasionally good at clarifying grammar points that get butchered often
    This is an AWESOME site! It really kick-started my interest in learning Japanese seriously again... and its so easy to understand now. Thanks for your post :smt007
    Seconded. There are a few grammar points there I definitely need to review and some of the advanced stuff I never learned. This is great

  11. #11
    tanuki
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patjs
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper_
    Quote Originally Posted by cb
    http://www.guidetojapanese.org/
    a good reference, and occasionally good at clarifying grammar points that get butchered often
    This is an AWESOME site! It really kick-started my interest in learning Japanese seriously again... and its so easy to understand now. Thanks for your post :smt007
    Seconded. There are a few grammar points there I definitely need to review and some of the advanced stuff I never learned. This is great
    i was clicking on the first link...

    but this second link is also awesome.... i like this thread!

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Senior Member tedcase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miyazaki
    Posts
    1,998

    Default

    :smt006
    The locals possess a peculiar aversion to the bayonet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •