Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone apply with GEOS as well?

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I applied with them Friday and I received an email tonight saying they need me to call them so they can gather some more information in a "5-10 minute phone call" before submitting my application for final review...I'm curious as to what they would need or if this is something they say to everyone; I filled out all required things on the application.

Thanks.
    Your desperate for the Japanese girlfriend, aren't you?
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

Doesn't do O-ramas

Quote Originally Posted by AliDimayev View Post
    Your desperate for the Japanese girlfriend, aren't you?
    Maybe I'm wrong but I'm quite sure his post was over a year old.

Default Re: Anyone apply with GEOS as well?

not wrong. right.
    "Judging the mistakes of strangers is an easy thing to do - and it feels pretty good."
    - the thoughts of K in Sputnik Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I applied with them Friday and I received an email tonight saying they need me to call them so they can gather some more information in a "5-10 minute phone call" before submitting my application for final review...I'm curious as to what they would need or if this is something they say to everyone; I filled out all required things on the application.

Thanks.
    You should teach in Israel or France Puma.

Default Re: Anyone apply with GEOS as well?

I applied with GEOS. They had asked me to come to an interview in Tokyo over a month and a half ago. I declined at the time because I didn't want to spring a time-off request suddenly on my CO, but they told me not to worry because they would have more sessions. I haven't heard back from them since.

I am about to sign a contract with someone else tonight.
    " I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"-Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by cvmurrieta View Post
    I am about to sign a contract with someone else tonight.
    Who are you going to sign with?

Quote Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post

Shhhhh! I have to keep the name of the company a secret until tonight. If I don't, then they said they would send someone to break both of my legs and cut off my pinkie.

Of course what I just said above is fiction. Truth is I don't like to jinx myself (I am superstitious) until I have something firmly in hand. They will pay less than JET, but I will have more time as an ALT and not be given last-minute translation "request" as I have been as a CIR.
    " I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"-Barry Goldwater

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SethArmstrong View Post
    They will take anyone, like all of the MacEnglish schools.
    I just realised your little flag thing is Yorkshire.....

.... IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
    I can say now because I signed a contract. I signed it with Temp Staff Kamei in Sendai. I will be an ALT in southern Miyagi Prefecture. I will go to 4 junior highs and 6 elementary schools. I am especially looking forward to the 6 elementary schools. The students there were so much fun when I did my school visits over the past year.

It may not be JET, but it is better than having no job. I am still allowed to work part-time. May I will take Seth's suggestion and work at Ernie's Bar in Kokubuncho.

I have never personally worked for Geos, but the couple things I have heard so far has been pretty positive overall, as far as eikawas go. One experience I do have first hand with Geos, is that I did attend an interview a couple year ago in Toronto and I felt the Geos Interview process was the most unbelievably unprofessional I have ever seen.

The interviewer (and the only staff in the entire building) was a bitter and easily frustrated French-Canadian homosexual man. He clearly hated his job/life, and his overly fake and cynical smile only added to the uncomfortable tension in the group session room. He told everyone how the interview process would go; He explained that after everyone takes the written test, they would be called one-by-one to have the first interview and private demo lesson. If he likes you, you get to continue on with the second half of the day, which includes lunch and a second interview with him, evidently furthering your chance of gaining a job with Geos Corporation.

This felt like more of a game show rather than a professional interview. I felt especially awful for a couple people that drove all the way from South Dakota and Detroit to be there specially for the interview, just be told you aren't good enough abruptly half way through the interview and be rejected in front of everyone, following a request to immediately get off the premises.
    Last edited by Spring; July 26th, 2009 at 11:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring View Post

The interviewer (and the only staff in the entire building) was a bitter and easily frustrated French-Canadian homosexual. He clearly hated his job/life, and his overly fake and cynical smile only added to the uncomfortable tension in the group session room.
    What does his sexuality have to do with anything?