Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Couples Thread

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Your school would probably try to be accommodating of you and help you out. That said, it seems like an incredibly foolish idea to try to bring your child when you first arrive (I mean, what would you do in Tokyo?). Unless there are no other options, it would be much, much, much better for you, your child, and your coworkers if you were to wait for at least a week or two while you get settled. If you have no other options, then, if you'll pardon me for asking, how on earth did you end up in such a situation?
    in what situation? im just researching my options.

thanks for all the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by iriediva View Post
    in what situation?
    I was describing a situation in which your only choice is to bring your child with you when you arrive. Since this is such a monumentally bad idea, I would only assume that you would do so because you had absolutely no other choice, and I was curious as to what sort of events had transpired to put you in such a position.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

me and my husband are both applying so i was just exploring the option of bringing our child at the same time if we so happen to both get in since it would be rather scary to ask someone to travel with a young child on such long flights but i now see where bringing her with us may be scarier than the flights

with the info we've received thus far we're now exploring the option of one of us applying for early departure instead. these forums are really helpful, thanks again.

Default Re: Couples Thread

Me and my boyfriend are set on going to Japan together and it's kinda turned out that I'm the one actively looking for jobs and he's going to join me shortly after and look for his own job once he's there! Just depends on the placement since I'm applying for so many different companies...

Man I have two interviews lined up and a school in tainai are still considering me! Bah! Im the kinda person who needs to know everything all the time... I'm terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by lexa1010 View Post
    Man I have two interviews lined up and a school in tainai are still considering me!
    Gosh, that sounds great! Hopefully, you won't make such elementary English mistakes in the interview.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Default Re: Couples Thread

I know, right!