Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

Thread: Official Alternate Thread

Quote Originally Posted by saikick View Post
    It's really not that hard to call your registrar to get all the necessary information and contact the consulate about the situation anyways, and I don't think they should be saying "well your diploma's not arriving until August so we can't send you to Japan." I personally think that's unfair.
    Japan doesn't care that it's unfair. You don't need your diploma, just proof of graduation. You can't get your visa without it.

Quote Originally Posted by knuth12 View Post
    You guys know that you should send in all your paperwork ASAP. The consulates will sometimes skip over those who have not turned in their paperwork and opt for those who remain up-to-date and current with their documents. Think of it as a sort of "level of dedication" so to speak.

So I'd get to it if I were some of you. Just throwing in my advice.
    Not really "level of dedication", more like Tokyo covering their arses to fill positions asap when some of the new JETs go AWOL when they see where they are staying. I have been advised the turn around from upgrades to arrival is quite tight timewise so it is an advantage to have as much paper work submitted as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Japan doesn't care that it's unfair. You don't need your diploma, just proof of graduation. You can't get your visa without it.
    I has a degree now. Sat through the whole ceremony and everything today. Can I has an upgrade now please?
    JET in waiting