Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forms Submition Date

Default Forms Submition Date

So, I was a bit confused...are we supposed to submit the health form and confirmation form at the same time? The wording was a bit vague, and I wasn't sure if you could submit both separately...I already sent in my confirmation form without the health form, so I don't know if I fucked that up, haha. If so, I guess I will call them. Anyone have any idea?

I don't believe you have to submit at the same time as long as they are both in by the deadline however you may as well submit the forms at the same time, as long as it is by the deadline it doesn't matter how long it takes to get that acceptance form in. your police checks can come in later.
    I'm dropping mine into the consulate next week ^^

It's a pretty quick turnaround on the medical stuff, xrays aren't that quick to get

Lucky I have a nice boss who lets me take time off haha

I don't know if you have the same medical certificate as we do in America but a x-ray isn't required for ours.
    You see, gentlemen, a pimp's love is very different from a square's...
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

Quote Originally Posted by UPGRAYEDD
    I don't know if you have the same medical certificate as we do in America but a x-ray isn't required for ours.
    Are you sure? It has a space on the form for an xray

If an X-ray is not taken, please do a physical examination of the applicant’s lungs and note the condition of the lungs below (i.e. applicant’s lungs are free and clear of disease, etc.)
    You see, gentlemen, a pimp's love is very different from a square's...
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

oh ok, awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    It's a pretty quick turnaround on the medical stuff, xrays aren't that quick to get

Lucky I have a nice boss who lets me take time off haha
    Delekii, unless things have changed since 2006 when i last had to do this to go to Japan then yeah they are. I went to the doctor on one day in my small town, then travelled to Sunbury to get the X-ray, they had the results 2 days later back at my local doctor. I popped in and collected my completed form. I'll get my appointment monday, x-ray monday and hopefully everything ready by the Friday which is when i make my weekly pilgrimage to Melbourne for volunteer work. Police forms take 10 working days, I may get that started on monday as well so i can have everything handed in by the end of April (month early).

As long as they're both in by the deadline you don't have to worry.

You only need to get an x-ray if your doctor feels one is needed after he has examined you, otherwise he can sign you off without one.

(submission)
    "The exquisite art of idleness, one of the most important things that any University can teach" -- Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Zan
    You only need to get an x-ray if your doctor feels one is needed after he has examined you, otherwise he can sign you off without one.

(submission)
    ok that is the second person to say that now. Does it say this somewhere on your documents? I must be missing it. as my medical form says simply

5. X-ray examination: Please describe the results of the applicants physical and X-ray chest examination. (X-ray taken more than 3 months prior to the certification is NOT valid)

Lung: normal / impaired
    Date of X-Ray: Film No.
    Cardiomegaly: normal / impaired
    Describe the condition of the applicant's lung:
    That is the only reference i can find to the X-ray in the documents. Strange that only Australians would be required to get an X-ray.

EDIT: I just saw on you other post Zan that it does say on your forms you don't need one. Maybe because x-rays are easy to obtain here they want us to get one? I'm not sure but we certainly aren't a country with worse lung conditions than other western countries >< confused.

I would say call your embassy and double check, but I'm fairly sure that if you only need the x-ray if the doctor says so, otherwise he can just examine you and say your fine and don't need one.

I didn't get an x-ray and I'm here.
    "The exquisite art of idleness, one of the most important things that any University can teach" -- Oscar Wilde

speaking of things you need to do for the cert of health...whats up with the urine analysis part? I mean am I really going to have to go to my doctor and pee in a cup? How long do results for that stuff usually take...same day? I sure hope its freakin quick b/c my appointment is way too close to the deadline for my comfort. :smt009

I think it's just a dip test thing. I went to my doctor and was in and out in 10 minutes, so you don't have to wait on anything.

Maybe drop in to the doctors a little early so you can take your sample in with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tegan
    speaking of things you need to do for the cert of health...whats up with the urine analysis part? I mean am I really going to have to go to my doctor and pee in a cup? How long do results for that stuff usually take...same day? I sure hope its freakin quick b/c my appointment is way too close to the deadline for my comfort. :smt009
    Do you not pee in a cup every single time you get a physical?

ummm...honestly I can't remember the last time I went to a normal doctor and had a regular physical...I usually just go to an endocrinologist...they don't make you pee in cups.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tegan
    Yes, you will have to pee in a cup. If the lab's not really busy, you usually get your results back within an hour or two.

Did everyone get their forms in the mail?? I didn't :?: yet.. I didn't see any forms on the website either...I'd like to make a dr. appt. but have no forms yet!

Quote Originally Posted by candiedapple
    Did everyone get their forms in the mail?? I didn't :?: yet.. I didn't see any forms on the website either...I'd like to make a dr. appt. but have no forms yet!
    No. I was wondering if they actually send us any hard copies of the letter or forms?

Chicago has all the forms online so I'm ok with that... but should we be expecting a package in the mail as well?

Quote Originally Posted by patjs
    Quote Originally Posted by candiedapple
    No. I was wondering if they actually send us any hard copies of the letter or forms?

Chicago has all the forms online so I'm ok with that... but should we be expecting a package in the mail as well?
    I'm not sure. Got my email from SF Consulate
    "You will be receiving a packet of documents from our office sent to your Permanent Address. Please let us know as soon as possible if you do not receive the packet by Friday, April 11th. After reading the NOTES form enclosed with the packet, we request that you confirm your acceptance (or non-acceptance) of the short-list candidacy by returning the REPLY FORM and your CERTIFICATE OF HEALTH to our office no later than FRIDAY, APRIL 25, 2008, after which placement in a Contracting Organization will proceed. Please be aware that if your REPLY FORM is not received at our office by the deadline, it would be considered without warning that you have turned down your candidacy for the 2008 JET Program."

I browsed the SF Consulate website again.. didn't see anything. Boo!! SF Applicants - did you get your packets yet??

Hey-

Can someone email me the forms (Health, reply, etc.)?

Long story, here's the overview:

I am shortlisted in San Francisco. San Francisco is sending all the forms out snail mail. BUT, I don't live at my permanent address. In fact I live in Africa, thousands and thousands of miles away from my permanent address, so in order for me to get my hands on the actual forms will involve lots and lots of faxing. By the time I get the forms faxed to me, fill them out and fax them back to the states the quality will be so bad that no one will even be able to read what they say. So...

If anyone is from a consulate that emailed the forms out, and you'd be willing to forward them to me, please private message me, and I'll give you my email address.

Thanks a mil!