Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Upgrades!

how much notice do they give you?

Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA

What do you mean?

I think s/he means once you find out you've been upgraded how much notice do you get before you are off flying to Japan... is that what you mean?

Congratulations! Good to see that there are still upgrades. Means I still have a chance this year.

I'm guessing curtaineater means is how much time do you have to get all your stuff together and be on a plane.
    When are you leaving.

yeah, thats what i mean. how much time between their telling you, 'congrats, you're in!' and then you being on a plane on your way over to japan.

I know! I was really surprised. I had heard that there was a possibility of getting upgraded this late, but I did not think that I would be! The only thing is, I did not get a CIR position but rather an ALT. (Being a CIR would have been so cool though..!) It sounded like they wanted someone who spoke Japanese to be in the position, which gives me the impression whoever was there before didn't/had problems because they didn't. I can't say anything for sure though.

I still have no idea where I'm going as I just found out yesterday. They said I was leaving in mid-October though. I guess I have a fair amount of time to pack and stuff.

Hey! Ive posted here once or twice under a different name and wanted to start fresh.

Anyways, I'm currently an alternate (sigh...) and thought i would bump this thread just because it will be very relevant in a few weeks.

Good luck everyone!

Default Re: Upgrades!

Thanks PunkFelix! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread!

I'm looking at the posts from around this time last year, and it seems some alternates got their upgrade notices quite early, so fingers-crossed we could post some good news on here before the end of next month!
    出発…阪南市へ!

I think someone should make a new thread with all the alternates listed at the start and update it when people get upgraded. This will allow us to construct Byzantine theories about when and why upgrades happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meelynn View Post
    If you were DJing a party I would rock up with my bunches of purple grapes stuffed into my bra, spilling a beer over myself, and harass you to play "Boom Boom Dollar" by King Kong & D'Jungle Girls until you called the police.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takochu~* View Post
    I didn't take any offense to it, I'm a pretty understandable person.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelity View Post
    I think someone should make a new thread with all the alternates listed at the start and update it when people get upgraded. This will allow us to construct Byzantine theories about when and why upgrades happen.
    Done.

I concur