Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: # of schools JET's teach at

I'm a one-shot, I have have about 15 different schools I go to. It's nice cause I can teach Twister for about 2-3 months, but it kinda sucks because I don't get to have that special bond with the students.
    Yatta, bitch! Yatta!

4 schools here, 1 JHS and 3 Elementary schools. I am fortunate that I go to all my schools every week, one day at JHS and the other 4 days at my elementary schools. Prior to April I was doing 2 JHS and 1 elementary school. The other ALT in my town was doing 7 elementary schools last year, but this year he's doing 1 JHS (the one I lost), and 4 elementary schools.

Those JETs who teach at Elementary - do they make you teach 5 classes a day there? They work me like a racehorse at Elementary, it's bloody exhausting (and by 5th period I just hold up a few flashcards and throw a colouring worksheet at them :P )

I work at 3 elementary schools and usually have about 4 or 5 classes a day. I've even had 6 classes a few times.

Ladama summed up how it mostly works in Okayama - apart from maybe really small places. I'm a Senior High School ALT with one base school 3 days a week and one visit school 2 days a week, employed by the prefecture BoE.

Here where I am based in Fukushima, I go to 2 JHS and 4 Elementary schools. I rotate around these schools, spending half my time at the biggest Junior high school down to a week at the smallest elementary school.

It really depends, I know other people in the prefecture who just stays at 1 JHS even though the JHS I go to has more students.

I currently teach at two SHS. The visit school is only once a week, and the school is closing down in a year and a half. After July though I have to lose that school cause my BOE won't let me do both a visit school and be a PA The more work I have the happier I am, when will they get this?
    Dr Peterson: 'I'm a schoolteacher'
    Porter at Empire Hotel: 'Thought so: they always look as if they've lost something' -From "Spellbound"

Is there any way all of these "how many schools/classes do you have" threads could be merged into one?

How many times does the question need to be asked? and more importantly, is it really that f-ing important right now?

I have 2 JHS (one base and one once a week) plus 2 ES (each once a month).