Thread: Peace Corps and JET

Deleted

Default Peace Corps and JET

hi there, Im a PCV currently overseas and was wondering if any current JETs or people applying are RPCVs and have tried to apply from the country they've served in?

any advice?
    thanks

I would imagine it's possible... I would also imagine you'll have to somehow get back Statesside for your interview, they're pretty strict about that. Good luck.

Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA

Absolutely no go. I’m pretty sure you can only do JET from the country that you are a citizen of. So you must interview in that country.

I wanted to ask the opposite question. I wanted to be a PCV when I’m done with JET. I’ve done the online application, but it doesn’t say if there is an interview or not. Can I do it all from Japan, or will I need to fly home at some point?

Deleted

for pc there is an interview process. you'll be asked to go to the nearest recruiting office to your home town.
    i highly doubt you can do the process overseas.

my question was more along the lines of is it possible to submit the formal application online? I'm just worried about the unreliability of snail mail in africa

Well no, because you are going to need to send in uni transcripts, letters of recommendation etc....

Yeah, the American application must be submitted online, then printed out and sent in with your transcripts/recommendations, etc. If you have a parent or someone else in the States that can send the packet for you, you could fill out the application online, submit it online, then email your PDF to your contact to have them print out and send it (although I guess they'd need to forge your signature).

You'd still have to come to the consulate you're applying through for the interview, which would have to be America. But it can be any American consulate.