Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STOP WORRYING

Default STOP WORRYING

Last edited by aj19; October 4th, 2010 at 02:05.

Yes Mommy :P

Here here!
    "...There was Kirk going, “Scotty, we need warp factor 9 in five seconds, or we’re toast!” And he goes, “I can give you 30 miles an hour in a week, Captain, how about that?” ~Eddie Izzard

http://anruiukimi.livejournal.com

I will try my best.

Can't I just worry a little bit? Just one little gnawing anxiety? It won't hurt anybody, I swear.

Yes... that does sound good too...

I'm not too concerned right now about things being filled out right, as long as I make a good faith effort. They'll figure it out, I'm sure.

Though admittedly I am stressed about making sure things get in on time, not due to uncontrollable outside forces, but more due to the fact that I'm not only busy but I procrastinate/forget to do things pretty regularly.

Stressed out over my own flaky-ness. Woo-boy.
    "Dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions."

My suggestion to you are lists. Buy a new pad of paper to just dedicate to the JET Program and write down anything that is important. Make your own checklist. Buy one of those multi-file folders and try to keep organized. Make lists. It not only helps you remember but by staying somewhat organized you'll be able to find things much faster, especially if everything is all in one place. Trust me. This is secret secretary knowledge that's not quite so secret.

tanuki

Default Re: STOP WORRYING

Quote Originally Posted by ajoyce1985
    In the words of Bob Marley, "every little thing gonna be all right." Listen, for those of us accepted into the program, the hard part is finished. They do NOT want to deny you the teaching position in Japan, at this point. Don't stress about the little details on the forms...if you mess up, they will call you to let you know. Also, the flight and all that is a LONG way off, so it is best not to think about every little thing you need in Japan, at this point. They will send us all the necessary information, when the time comes....they've been doing this for 20+ years or w/e, they have the system down. Preparing to live in Japan should not be a stressful experience, so don't worry, please!!
    i feel that this is somehow directed at me...

sorry :?

Default Re: STOP WORRYING

Last edited by aj19; October 4th, 2010 at 02:05.

The only good Windows KeroHazel's Avatar

Oh, NOW you tell me. I just mailed the last of my shit in yesterday.

Who is worried? :?:

I worried so much in the first 72-96 hours after finding out that I'm all burnt out on worrying about it...and just kinda in a limbo between graduation and summer. I have to say, never felt so weird/odd in my life as I do these days. It is so far away that it's hard to conceptualize stepping off the plane into Narita airport...but oh...it's still mucho exciting...let's be excited rather than worried, k?

(p.s. I'm sure around July 1st, I'll have a perpetual feeling of nervous dizziness)

Wow, I'm not even thinking about JET. I'm too busy still being in college and squeezing all the immature crap I never did when I was a freshman...like playing beer pong/beirut.

Besides, what good does worrying do anyway? Oh wait that's right NONE

But..but... the consulate said supporting documents on my urine blood would help?!?!?!?!?!111111one

Quote Originally Posted by meelynnmurder
    Wow, I'm not even thinking about JET. I'm too busy still being in college and squeezing all the immature crap I never did when I was a freshman...like playing beer pong/beirut.
    Do exactly what she's doing. Seriously. You'll miss it when you're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivial
    Do exactly what she's doing. Seriously. You'll miss it when you're gone.
    ...part of me wishes I was still in college and able to pull immature stunts. :cry:

I both like and hate substitute teaching at the same time. Definately looking forward to a change of venue.
    "...There was Kirk going, “Scotty, we need warp factor 9 in five seconds, or we’re toast!” And he goes, “I can give you 30 miles an hour in a week, Captain, how about that?” ~Eddie Izzard

http://anruiukimi.livejournal.com

Yeah, for now, please leave the worrying to us alternates! Hopefully we can all worry together when the time comes to start packing and take care of unfinished business!

I'd never heard of beer pong until JET, it was many enjoyment!
    Me Rikey Very Much!!!

Ugh...you said beirut even if you said beer pong you still said beirut... :P

I'm not worried, I just want to finish getting the last piece of my crap in so I don't have to think about that anymore. Besides I still need to make money so that's currently what I'm thinking about.