Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IRS Form

Same here but haven't gotten them yet...

So I just received a letter from the IRS today about my 6166 form....

On the 8802 they have a spot that asks if you filed and if not, why. I didn't file, and I wrote down "no earned income". The letter I have from the IRS simply wants me to write down why I didn't file and mail it back to them. You've got to be fuckin' kiddin me right? ::shakes head::

I hope others who didn't file have better luck that I. Just curious though, for those of you that didn't, what year did you use to base this thing on?

tanuki

Quote Originally Posted by derStarke
    So I just received a letter from the IRS today about my 6166 form....

On the 8802 they have a spot that asks if you filed and if not, why. I didn't file, and I wrote down "no earned income". The letter I have from the IRS simply wants me to write down why I didn't file and mail it back to them. You've got to be fuckin' kiddin me right? ::shakes head::

I hope others who didn't file have better luck that I. Just curious though, for those of you that didn't, what year did you use to base this thing on?
    yeah, i haven't heard anythign yet... i didn't file because i didn't make enough... i used 2005 to base the 6166 on because that was the last time my parents claimed me... i'm also a little afraid of how this whole irs thing is going to turn out.

p.s. your going to fukui aren't you? or am i thinking of someone else... if so see you there.

Quote Originally Posted by derStarke

I got the 6166 form back about a week ago. I based it on 2007 and sent it in with a note stating that I didn't file taxes because I don't earn enough income and I am a full-time student living at home. I guess that was enough for them.

tanuki

so... about 5 mins after i posted that i had not gotten my 6166 back i went to the mailbox and there she was!

good luck to the rest of you... i was nervous because i didn't file in 2007 but everythign was fine... yours should be too

United States; Hoboken NJ Fujisato, Akita

WOOO just got my form, I was surprised that it came in a small envelope, but who cares I got it and thats it for all my paper work needed :smt005
    Superman once wrote on the wall: "Batman is a wimp."
    The next day Batman wrote: "Superman is Clark Kent."