Thread: Ex-JETs, recommended shipping companies?!

Default Ex-JETs, recommended shipping companies?!

Leaving JET this summer and thinking about which shipping company to go with. I think I'll just be ok with sending a 1 cubic metre shipment by sea mail. From Kansai to Southampton, UK, (door to port) I've been quoted 5man ish by the company that was at the Returners' Conference (Shipmates, I think). I rang up another company but they never got back to me. Am thinking of checking the regular post offic out too. If anyone back at home has some recommendations or warnings, I'd be really grateful to hear them! Thanks!

Just noticed a post *down there* recommending (if that's the word) SAL. Whoops! I'll investigate that.

VIP

Hey bohemia - I'm wondering what to do about this too, but to be honest I might just go through the regular post. If you do SAL, it sounds like a very cheap option but I'm a wee bit nervous about receiving my stuff on the other end. SAL sounds like it's great for small things, but is there really enough extra space for a whole box on planes that often? Hrmmm....
    Fight like a grapefruit, aim for the eyes.

I have just done a bit of research on this.

If you have lots of stuff Japan Luggage Express ( http://www.jluggage.com/ ) seems reasonably priced but their minimum by air is 45kg and it is extra for door to door service.

For smaller amounts it seems that kuroneko ( http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/engl...worldwide.html ) is cheaper than the post office (for my location anyway).

We had quite a bit of talk about this on my website: (link deleted. Advertising your site once is ok, posting numerous links to it is spamming. You're banned. - Paul)

But it basically came down to funabin being the cheapest for most situations. Seems that you can get 10% discount for funabin if you bring in 10 boxes or so.

Kuro Nako has some preset packages that would be a real time saver. they supply the 15 boxes pickup and drop-off service.[/url]