Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 2008 Placement Discussion

enrique_suave, so jealous... that sounds absolutely PERFECT!!! Almost too perfect.... 8O

Enrique got the hook up. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by ten_of_spades
    I'd say three hours as the minimum sounds about right. Customs can be hit or miss...twice it took me around an hour to clear them, but on my last visit, it was less than a minute (I still wonder where all those other passengers on my flight went, because they definitely weren't at the customs desk!)
    I'm going to guess the other people on your flight weren't reentry permit holders...

As for all the people complaining about not having their specific placement, well, I know who my successor is, I even emailed them a five page awesome letter of sweet intro, and they haven't bothered to respond to me in the week since. I'm pretty impatient and unforgiving when it comes to people holding me up. With a little over a month left, I need them to contact me. If it gets to the month point and they haven't contacted me they probably won't get a thing from me.

What I'm saying is that this disconnect goes both ways...and it's bloody annoying and there is no excuse for it.

could have fallen into their spam and they don't check it. might be worth sending another email to say did you get my last one, just incase.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeindreams-
    As for all the people complaining about not having their specific placement, well, I know who my successor is, I even emailed them a five page awesome letter of sweet intro, and they haven't bothered to respond to me in the week since. I'm pretty impatient and unforgiving when it comes to people holding me up. With a little over a month left, I need them to contact me. If it gets to the month point and they haven't contacted me they probably won't get a thing from me.
    Do they have a secondary email listed there? I know that in my situation the emails were going to my spam box and even though I was checking that folder on a regular basis, I just didn't happen to notice the email from Japan. It wasn't until the office called me on my cell phone that I found out that they had been trying to reach me for 2 weeks. (Oops?)

Quote Originally Posted by karumu
    could have fallen into their spam and they don't check it. might be worth sending another email to say did you get my last one, just incase.
    Yeah, I've considered as much. I just got back from a long trip to America so I was too busy to bother.

I'll probably send them a short email from both my gmail and yahoo accounts to make sure I'm not just getting knocked into the spam folder...

I'll email them again now.

Also keep in mind that just like you, they may have been on vacation this whole time, getting in some quality time with friends/family before the big move. I'm sure they are just dying for the information you have for them!
    Tofu Robot says, "Meat is Murder!" Mwahahaha....