Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chiba-ken

Default Chiba-ken

So far I think there's only two of us, but any current JETs have any advice or info? Looks like I'm pretty far out there in the inaka but close to the sea.

Ini I know you are/were in Chiba so if you want to tell me how horrible it's going to be feel free, I probably won't listen.

where are you going?

Tonosho-machi?? It looks like it's in the northeast corner, pretty close to the border of Ibaraki.

I'm chibaken too, asahi-shi. Someone told me it's about 10 from narita? That's about all I know so far.

Anywhere outside of Chiba city metro is inaka-ville. Enjoy the dirt! :wink:

The Japanese version of the Central Valley

I dunno, I think Chiba is a pretty nice place, my friend who's a huge surfer loved going there since there's a lot of awesome surf towns up and down the coast. The Boso Peninsula is really nice too.

Sweet! Yeah the only part of Chiba I know is the western end and I've been down south near Tateyama which was pretty nice.

well you are both up north, lots of fat american and canadian girls up that way. Easy for the airport - fucking terrible for everywhere else. near the top end of the second biggest beach in japan http://www.99beach.com/ so you will find plenty of tokyo minge sunning themselves in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by SethArmstrong
    well you are both up north, lots of fat american and canadian girls up that way. Easy for the airport - fucking terrible for everywhere else. near the top end of the second biggest beach in japan http://www.99beach.com/ so you will find plenty of tokyo minge sunning themselves in the summer.
    I like the idea of "tokyo minge sunning themsleves"

What's the JET community like? At least the possibility of seeing other gaijin occasionally?

close to tokyo though, yeah? like 45 from airport...if i remember right..narita was, anyway....at least im a shi...lol....where are you seth?

Split into very seperate groups

Chiba city people - always happy to have a night out in the city but never venture outside into the filth of the inaka.

The people around matsudo, kashiwa, funabashi - live so close to tokyo that you will never see them - ever.

The people up north - a tight group of fat girls who travel to every event because they are in desperate need of friends.

The people down south - bunch of queers living in the sticks who are bitter about being in chiba but still being 3 hours train ride from tokyo.

Quote Originally Posted by Roux
    close to tokyo though, yeah? like 45 from airport...if i remember right..narita was, anyway....at least im a shi...lol....where are you seth?
    yeah it's decently close but I'm in a machi of like 20,000 so I dunno how good the transportation is gonna be...

Quote Originally Posted by SethArmstrong
    never venture outside into the filth of the inaka.
    Such choice words, I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Roux
    I float above the prefecture in my crystal fortress, raining fire and brimstone down upon those who oppose me.

Well Roux, looks like we're pretty close so let's be friends? haha

Quote Originally Posted by patjs
    Well Roux, looks like we're pretty close so let's be friends? haha
    lol.

dude pat...i just realized youre above me.

Huh? you mean our placements? That's what I meant when I said we're close to eachother.

oh yeah, i didn't look to see where you were til a sec ago. I hope they are good places lol. Close enough to tokyo I hope, that's all I wanted.

Yeah, I think where we are the trains are pretty infrequent and probably stop earlier, which means if you aren't staying overnight you probably gotta head home pretty early.

But we are actually pretty close to ibaraki, I wonder if maybe there are some bigger cities to the north?