Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: FUKUI-KEN [all the info i've gathered]

Default Re: FUKUI-KEN (all the info i've gathered)

How'd you get word? official email from the BOE?

My pred contacted me on facebook with just my name and sent me a message.

hmm,wow, wonder what took him so long.
    Gives me a bit of hope I might hear before too long anyway....

Hello rebeckyc,

Welcome to Fukui. I can tell you that you will be in for a treat with a lot of natural beauty and some awesome beaches around you. More information will be coming your way soon. I promise.

I would suggest that you head over to fjet.org and register for an account then take a look through all the city guides to give you a feel for the area. As for your pred contacting you. Please keep that on the hush hush. We have a gag order on us right now due to the way assignments are done and so we cannot be officially contacting all of you yet. Please don't worry. This should be lifted by next week.

Looking forward to meeting you soon.
    Headed to Fukui-ken

Quote Originally Posted by GumOnShoe View Post
    Hello rebeckyc,

Welcome to Fukui. I can tell you that you will be in for a treat with a lot of natural beauty and some awesome beaches around you. More information will be coming your way soon. I promise.

I would suggest that you head over to fjet.org and register for an account then take a look through all the city guides to give you a feel for the area. As for your pred contacting you. Please keep that on the hush hush. We have a gag order on us right now due to the way assignments are done and so we cannot be officially contacting all of you yet. Please don't worry. This should be lifted by next week.

Looking forward to meeting you soon.
    Wow I'm excited to learn more about it all! Ah sorry though I didn't realize you guys had a gag order on you. Forgive my outburst I was just very excited, but I look forward to the info that will come in soon. And yeap I have been there and signed up, but I need to be approved? Its taking a while but I guess eventually someone will approve my request for membership. I'm looking forward to chatting on there and its really an awesome site. Props to the creators/webmasters!

Fukui-ken!

One more Fukui reference for the list: - a book by me (a former Fukui JET).

For Fukui's Sake: Two years in rural Japan

Fukui is a great place to live - and as long as you go with an open mind and good attitude - you should have one excellent adventure in Japan.

I certainly did...

cheers

Resurrecting an old post to plug your book, nice.
    That's the best thing I ever saw!

Aren't there rules about this? If not, can there be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

There are certainly rules about plugging non-JET-related things, however you might want to take a look at the link to his book before you start slagging it off.
    It's well-written, funny and quite informative for those heading to Fukui.

And no, I don't know the author. I've never met him or contacted him. However I am an educational book reviewer [not that different to reviewing any kind of book really] and this one is worth reading.
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls