Thread: Placement listings

Default Placement listings

Hi Paul/Matt

As it seems that info regarding placements are starting to trickle through now do you think it would be feasible to have some kind of sub-grouping created for the various prefectures (all 47 of them!)...?

I honestly have no idea how you build/run these groups but if it were possible it might save people having to search through one thread for messages from people placed in their prefecture. Instead people could go straight to their prefecture sub-group and check out who's who from the listings...? Or even just a a simple addition of prefecture & town placement location to the profile page...????

Alternatively I am sure if it is left to it's own devices the group will start to form topics along the lines of this idea over the next few weeks...... ;-)

Let me know what you think.

Alex

Excellent - looking forward to putting my placement details up when I eventually get them ;-)

There are way too many IMO, you'd be better off splitting them into the areas. i.e. Hokkaido, Tohoku, Kanto, Chubu, Kansai, Chugoku, Shikoku, Kyushu and Okinawa. Been realistic you're going to need areas that big to set up meets anyway because there are going to be maybes 3-4 people max in a particular prefecture.

VIP

Just what I was thinking Richard. But don't be too pessimistic, I'm sure the number of members will continue to grow until we dominate Japan,

:twisted: mwahhhaahahah!! :twisted:

Matt
    Mabushiii!!!

I don't know if listing by prefectures is really necessary. Japan is a small country and usually pretty fast and easy to get around. I think the various regions would suffice enough - for instance, I'll be living in Otsu, but within an hour and a half I can be in Kyoto, Osaka, or Nara. Another half hour or so I can be in Kobe.

woops
    Last edited by lizbuff; June 16th, 2010 at 08:39.

Banned

? were you looking for the minor rants thread? If this is what your sense of direction is like i'm not surprised you crashed