Thread: Exchange Language

Default Exchange Language

Hi There :smt006

I am Japanese and live in Kobe,Japan. I just recently returned from Vancouver ,Canada where I was studying English. I really want to keep up my spoken Egnlish . :wink: My teacher in Vancouver who had worked as a English teacher on the JET Programme, recommended that I look at this site. I am wondering if anyone is interested in a free language exchange. If you would like to learn Japanese, I can help teach you or we can just hang out ! If you are interested in doing a language with me, please reply to this post! I am looking forward to your reply.

I'm sure there will be a lot of people who would be more than happy to help you maintain your English. Mixi is also a good place to search out some people wanting to learn Japanese in exchange for some English practice!

Thank you for giving me your advise I will try to serch it on MIXI. I didn't think about the way :P It would be useful :smt008

DECOPON, 僕は8月に大阪に働きに行く。神戸はちょっと遠いけど、時々あったりメールで話したりできるやろ。

僕は日本語もだいぶ話せるから日本語より英語で話すようにするなど。

無愛想な書簡なんやけど、すごくしんどいからゆるしてください。

では、しようと思ってるならPRIVATE MESSAGE送ってください。返事を楽しみにまっておる。

baikinman - you really think kobe is far from osaka? for an aussie im ashamed that you would find such a short distance to be far. we are meant to be travellers!!! :P

Decopon - im sure you will have plenty of opportunities to speak english as long as you are outgoing and give yourself the best chance to meet english speakers. doing things like this you will have no trouble. good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Baikinman
    PRIVATE MESSAGE
    No need to shout. I know she has slitty eyes but theres nothing wrong with her hearing.

DECOPON, 僕は8月に大阪に働きに行く。神戸はちょっと遠いけど、時々あったりメールで話したりできるやろ。

僕は日本語もだいぶ話せるから日本語より英語で話すようにするなど。

無愛想な書簡なんやけど、すごくしんどいからゆるしてください。

では、しようと思ってるならPRIVATE MESSAGE送ってください。返事を楽しみにまっておる。
    I don't think any foreigner who has learned 関西弁 Japanese, has ever actually used polite form!

Hyakuman- Osakaben does have polite forms, even keigo, but any situation formal enough to use polite form is formal enough to use polite STANDARD japanese. I think the only time polite osaka-ben would be used is between osaka natives in a little ma and pa shop or that sort of thing.

Karamu- It's not too far in a straight line. But to get from where I'll be living (tondabayashi), I'll have to take a nankai train from kongou station to shinimamiya, then transfer to the JR loop line, ride that to osaka station, then get a shinkaisoku to kobe.

So if all the trains connect nicely and there's not too much waiting around, it would take about an hour (if i remember correctly). Plus i don't know how far from kongou station I'll actually be, so I may have to take a bus from tondabayashi station (kintetsu) unless there is a station that kintetsu shares with either JR or nankai that will make things easier that way.

It may not be far from Osaka-shi to Kobe-shi, but it takes a while to get there from tondabayashi or other "less central" parts of osaka pref.

Do you have any plans to learn STANDARD ENGLISH any time soon?

There wasn't anything particularly awful about my english.

What makes me laugh, ini, is that you have nothing better to do than criticise my english in, of all places, the japanese study forum.

Seriously man, I expected better from a troll of your calibre. That was a disappointing attempt my friend.

Yet you felt the need to edit it twice?

You're not exactly putting yourself forward as an excellent candidate for somebody to practice conversational English with.

Sharp, aren't we? I see I'll have to be careful, as it'll take more than a sly edit to pull the wool over your eyes. Woe is me for thinking I could deceive one such as you.

If you want to look that closely, have a look at the original timestamp as well. Everyone makes a typo or two at 2:30 in the morning

EDIT JUST FOR INI:

Besides, if I find myself with a nice J-girl at 2:30 in the morning, "conversational english" is the last thing i intend to be practising.

Hi There :smt008
    I am still looking for the person who is interested in a free language exchange :smt005
    I was so surpried ... what happened on my page :smt009 while I was traveling in a couple day.
    I don't mind the foreigner who learn Japanese speak broken Japanese or Kansai dialect or else. My english is also totaly broken English :x
    That's why we are leanrning it right now ?! Please bear with us. Take into considaration !
    Anyway I just put same message here again. :smt006

:smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007
    I am Japanese and live in Kobe,Japan. I just recently returned from Vancouver ,Canada where I was studying English. I really want to keep up my spoken Egnlish . My teacher in Vancouver who had worked as a English teacher on the JET Programme, recommended that I look at this site. I am wondering if anyone is interested in a free language exchange. If you would like to learn Japanese, I can help teach you or we can just hang out ! If you are interested in doing a language with me, please reply to this post! I am looking forward to your reply.

If you're interested in speaking English/Japanese using a keitai, I can become your language partner. I live in Gunma so hanging out in Kobe is impossible (and my girlfriend would probably get mad) but exchanging emails can be fun.

Although it seems that Baikinman might be the better choice since he will live pretty close!

Besides, if I find myself with a nice J-girl at 2:30 in the morning, "conversational english" is the last thing i intend to be practising.
    So you are only interested in helping because you think she is going to touch your penis?

Quote Originally Posted by SethArmstrong

So you are only interested in helping because you think she is going to touch your penis?
    Surely not. I think he meant at that hour in the morning, the only answer was to tackle written grammar excercises. Oh yes.

Uhh yes, that's right. See, I'm so good at the english teaching thing, if we'd been together all day, she would already have perfect converstional english, and we would have to tackle the written side of things.

Jeez ini, get your mind out of the gutter tsk tsk.