Don't worry, I wasn't. And I'm calling it a day. I did finally read your response over there and I was able to appreciate it.

Sincerely, I wish you luck finishing Heisig and working towards fluency and literacy in Japanese. As someone who also attempted to finish fast and failed (I did the last thousand over about a month-long period ending last June and was forced to redo them all since it wasn't a sustainable rate, life got in the way and my reviews piled up), I highly suggest the slow and steady route over the fast and furious speedway. In the end, I made it to the end of the book by doing only 20-30 new stories per day (which was partly just reviewing and solidifying previously made stories) and the necessary reviews. (Also, re/creating the stories was not required whereas doing the reviews was always required). This took usually 1-2 hours each day to maintain which I was able to dedicate between free time at work and home.

In addition to being less stressful (for me), I suggest it because it gives you more time with the kanji and you can do more reviews with each one making the kanji stronger, while also freeing up time that can be spent working on grammar/reading via kana and listening. As you said, when finished with Heisig you plan to start putting known words to kanji (as I recall). By finding a balance between a speedy finish to Heisig and increased time for listening practice, when you are done you will have stronger kanji and a larger vocabulary to which you can apply them.

Just my point of view. You, of course, can do with it what you want.