Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: buying a new computer-desktop or notebook

Default Re: buying a new computer-desktop or notebook

I built a reasonably nice gaming PC when I got here from individually picked parts at a computer store. I put it together on my second night here.

It really isn't difficult or terribly expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by California Sun View Post
    HaHAHA. that was great. thank you, I think that's the first time I laughed all day.

ok, so I am not tech savy and all this computer jibba jabba makes my head spin.... in none computer people words-
    can you take a lap top to Japan or will it not work/be bad for the comp?

PLEASE don't rip me a new one. I am not dumb, computers are just not my thing.
    Your computer will be fine. Don't worry.

For people looking for something in between all of the things mentioned here, I got a good discount (¥20,000) on an Eee-PC and decided to go for the Asus N10Jc. It has a GeForce 9300 256Mb inside it, so it will run FEAR, CivIV and Half-Life 2 fine. I upgraded to Win 7 for free, 2Gb of ram of ¥3000 and using free online software, I have overclocked it to 2.0Ghz. It now runs almost any game I could want while on the go and I still have a desktop for all the new and super pretty games.

Oh and it still gets 5-6 hours of battery life under Win7. Probably 5 if I use it for gaming the whole time.