Thread: Good eikaiwa resource

Doesn't do O-ramas

Default Good eikaiwa resource

I like the new look of this site, and the new forums.

As an additional resource for eikaiwa information, I highly recommend the forums on www.gaijinpot.com.

Sort through all of the bullshit, and all of the trolls, and there is an absolute WEALTH of information on scummy eikaiwa there. Particularly unique to that site is that you can get realistic and unjaded opinions on the English teaching from those who have lived in Japan 10-20 years (as opposed to all of us in the 5 year max gravy train JET bubble) and have done it all from eikaiwa to JET to getting advanced degrees and working for universities. Seriously, sort through the bullshit and it's a hell of a useful weapon of a website to use when looking for eikaiwa/japan life in general information.

Not trying to direct traffic away from here, but merely to add another resource for people to look into.

+1

I used this a lot when I was researching backups for JET. Puma said it, but I'll say it again- there is A LOT of shit to sift through there. It's almost worse than BD to be honest.

But there's some decent info for sure.

Doesn't do O-ramas

Yeah it's good because you get a real perspective from the old timers of Japan as a difficult place to advance for foreigners, particularly in English teaching...hell if it wasn't for that site, I would have no idea Nova collapsed and is now G-cum