Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First week at a hotel

Default Re: First week at a hotel

its pretty hard to change the budget to be fair...
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    The disbelieving look in his eyes when I said no...
    Why people who won't lift a finger to help you unless they have no other choice expect you to do them a favour out of the goodness of your heart is beyond me.

On the JET program, your accommodation should be taken care of by the BOE and as soon as you arrived in Japan, you officially start your first day of work! Anyhow, with overlap between your predecessor and yourself, they can't force that person to move out while his work contract/visa is still valid. So, what happens is that you get to live somewhere, such as what you've mentioned and sometimes, may even provide a home stay with a Japanese family. They have to do that because of your contract and you'll moving into predecessor's place. For the BOE, it's cost effective then if you get your own place because of the 1-3 months advance key deposit payment and so on....So, very pricey! You don't need to pay key deposit. It's been paid like some 20 years ago when the program started...well, not all living accommodations are that old for JETs.

Quote Originally Posted by patjs View Post
    Just an update- looks like this will be paid for by the BOE.

Pred has visitors near when I arrive and won't be ready for an extra person so they're putting me up in a hotel. Now I'm looking forward to it

I've just issued 5 infractions for posts in this thread.
    Wise up.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Unless some of the infractions included a ban to alee, I don't really think you understand context well enough to issue infractions.

Infractions were issued to that username too
    Last edited by Beer Baron; July 18th, 2016 at 15:21.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Ok, cool.