Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what does AEON look for?

Get a fan.

hes already got wicket, how many more does he need?

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

Quote Originally Posted by SethArmstrong View Post
    Having you people got jobs? Fuck off you sad cunts, nobody cares about you anymore.
    I've got one.
    Don't think Frank has yet, though, since I've asked him about 100 times and he's studiously ignoring the question.
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    In this day and age though, and with the cheapness of the technology, there really is no excuse for a first world nation not to have such basic environmental controls.

I'm currently typing this from an 86* office because for god knows what reason they didnt turn the AC on today

Here from may to sept gets from 85 to a wooping 115F degrees.
    In the south towns up to 125.
    Most public school classrooms dont have AC.

That you cant handle the countries weather, it doesnt make it third world country.
    Wootness

you just have to be used to it. in chicago we have below zero days in winter and (sometimes) above 100F days in summer. it always sucks when the seasons first start because your used to the last one, but eventually it works out.

but 115F! fuck! that would take me a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ITfrank View Post
    That you cant handle the countries weather, it doesnt make it third world country.
    Yeah, but to be fair puerto rico is a third world country

oi, im from ireland, the temperature difference between ireland and japan is immense. But even from Ireland I know well that if you sit in your apt with your aircon at 16degrees all day long and then attempt to go to work, you are going to sweat, be horrible uncomfortable and be unable to cope with the heat. Not that it`s so hot anymore, but when i first got here i thought i would die it was so hot. I left my aircon on for the entirety of the first night cause i was just sweating and uncomfortable. After that I didnt let myself turn it on even once. And guess what, after a few weeks It would be even hotter than when I arrived and yet I would be outside playing football with kids and feeling quite comfortable.

you get used to high temperatures very fast. You may spend a lot of time drinking water to try and cool yourself down, but if you slow down on the water and just do your best to stop every now and again when you feel too hot, you will get used to it. youll sweat less. and youll feel it less.

buy a hand fan. open your car window for a breeze. theres no use in using your aircon constantly, it is expensive and horrible for the environment.

I'm from SA, so semi used to hot humid weather - or so I thought! But a 30min bike ride in mad humidity is not fun - sweated so profusely that I had to change shirts once I arrived at work sometimes.
    School has no aircon whatsoever. We all bring our fans from home and sweat it out and laugh/jokingly gripe about it - and believe me, in my office, the japanese do sweat!

Bout the AEON thing, had two friends, one in California and one in London. The former had a CELTA with a crazy high pass and the other barely passed the final year of her BA. Both got in, no problems.

Doesn't do O-ramas

Quote Originally Posted by ITfrank View Post
    Here from may to sept gets from 85 to a wooping 115F degrees.
    In the south towns up to 125.
    Most public school classrooms dont have AC.

whats your point? you live in a third world country. i dont and japan isnt. i never said japan was third world, in fact i said it was first world because it is. it just lacks environmental controls which is utterly asinine.

my apartment has no heating system whatsoever. pretty stupid, isnt it?

it doesnt come down to whining, it comes down to a matter of your standard of living and what you want for yourself in life. if you want to sweat your balls off and freeze, great. i dont. when i cant shit in the winter due to frozen toilet water, ill make sure to take the blinders off and realize its ridiculous and sucks cock rather than gamaning my way through it and thinking of it as a 'cultural experience'

fr the record, where im from we have -30F windshills in winter and upper 90s and sometimes low 100s ALWAYS with 90-100% humidity in the summer. but there, we have proper heating/cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    whats your point?...

it doesnt come down to whining, it comes down to a matter of your standard of living and what you want for yourself in life. if you want to sweat your balls off and freeze, great. i dont. when i cant shit in the winter due to frozen toilet water, ill make sure to take the blinders off and realize its ridiculous and sucks cock rather than gamaning my way through it and thinking of it as a 'cultural experience'
    It's not so much a matter of LOL CUTLURAL EXPERICENCE and more a matter of what you can and can't change in your brief time on JET. It is ridiculous that they lack school-wide A/C and central heating, but then again the world isn't going to change for us and nothing is going to stop the fact that few will fund the schools for such things. As such it does pretty much boil down to gaman.

Doesn't do O-ramas

Default Re: what does AEON look for?

meh, i said fuck that shit and bought an AC unit the first day i was here. just figured out yesterday that it indeed does heat so ill have one room where i dont need space heaters, electric blankets, or a kotatsu.

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by wicket View Post
    It's called the Kyoto protocol.
    The one your government won't sign.
    For god's sake, let your body adjust to the outside temperature and stop whinging.
    I really am starting to think a lot of Americans are quite spoiled.
    I don't give a crap about global warming, but I do not use much ac or heat and I have a small carbon footprint. I am cheap, that's why
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

Default Re: what does AEON look for?

Japan is hot/cold for everyone, just learn2play and do something to remedy the situation.

In the middle of winter I used to sit in an unheated empty room during my free time cos it could pick up wifi across the street, by wearing thermal trousers/top, two pairs of socks, jeans, 3 tshirts, a jumper, a coat, a hat, a scarf, and sometimes gloves or a glove, I could be quite happy for about 5 hours before the cold actually got to me.