Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bored in Miki, Hyogo

Default Bored in Miki, Hyogo

Anyone out there near Miki, Hyogo? Trying to find some people in the area to hit some bars and whatnot with (however it seems that Miki-shi itself is quite devoid of other JETs.)

Miki is like, 3 or 4 stops from Ono (where theres like, 9 of us) on the Shinkaichi <---> Ao line.

However, theres not much to do here either, but theres at least people within reasonable range. However, it depends how close you are to your station, you know?

Doesn't do O-ramas

how far are you people from hamasaka

checking hyperdia, about 5:45 hours and 5000 yen or 6:15 and 3500 yen

You can search yourself. Im in Ono (Hyogo), cause theres about 30 stations named Ono, lol.

Yes, I'm about four hours from you, Puma.

I'm really sorry. ;_;

Doesn't do O-ramas

then i am assuming you all are within an hour or two of kobe or osaka?

oh man if i had such a placement i would hop on the train and go dink around in osaka every night...off work at 4, showered and back at station by 5, in osaka by 7, dinner/drinks/shopping/dinking off/meeting pretty ladies til 10 or 11, home by 12 or 1, man that would be prime

Ive been debating that, but usually when I get home, after biking 20 minutes in 35 degree weather, I tend to just go home, turn on the AC and pass out, haha.

And Kobe is like, an hour and a half to sannomiya, and about 2 hours to shinsaibashi area in osaka. Its pretty sweet. Not as good as Nishinomiya or whatever, but free rent plus all the benefits they give me is nothing to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post

oh man if i had such a placement i would hop on the train and go dink around in osaka every night...off work at 4, showered and back at station by 5, in osaka by 7, dinner/drinks/shopping/dinking off/meeting pretty ladies til 10 or 11, home by 12 or 1, man that would be prime
    I had to look up where Hamasaka was, and you seem to be at least in range of a decent city in Toyooka. I say decent cuz compared to Asago, it`s frickin Vegas.

That said, I also feel the jealousy...

Doesn't do O-ramas

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    I had to look up where Hamasaka was, and you seem to be at least in range of a decent city in Toyooka. I say decent cuz compared to Asago, it`s frickin Vegas.

That said, I also feel the jealousy...
    lol let's just say I've been to both toyooka and tottori so far and they both tend to leave a lot to be desired

I mean, it sounds nice in theory. But I guess I just find it a bit sketch to go drinking in random bars by myself (then again, I guess it just isn't that classy for a chick to be dowining chu-hi in random dives in Osaka.)

When compared to a city like Osaka or Tokyo, yeah...

I dunno, I went to Osaka both this past weekend and the weekend before that, and Im meeting up with friends in tokyo this weekend, so I dunno what id do if i wasnt able to get out.

Doesn't do O-ramas

Quote Originally Posted by Linnen View Post
    I mean, it sounds nice in theory. But I guess I just find it a bit sketch to go drinking in random bars by myself (then again, I guess it just isn't that classy for a chick to be dowining chu-hi in random dives in Osaka.)
    At this part I was just about to say that going out by yourself is handsdown the best way to meet local Japanese, since generally if you are in a big group of foreign wanks it is really hard to meet anyone.

Then I saw that you are a girl, and I can kind of sympathize, but I'm sure you'd still get lots of guys wanting to talk to you.

Doesn't do O-ramas

Quote Originally Posted by HeartNana View Post
    When compared to a city like Osaka or Tokyo, yeah...

I dunno, I went to Osaka both this past weekend and the weekend before that, and Im meeting up with friends in tokyo this weekend, so I dunno what id do if i wasnt able to get out.
    you, good sir, are one lucky fuck

lol let's just say I've been to both toyooka and tottori so far and they both tend to leave a lot to be desired
    But there`s an Aity!! Plus points for being near the ocean...

But yeah, after being in Tokyo for 3 days...woo, what a difference. I grew up in LA, I guess I`m just not used to the whole country thing yet.

Then I saw that you are a girl, and I can kind of sympathize, but I'm sure you'd still get lots of guys wanting to talk to you.
    Haha, yeah. I did it the last time I was in Tokyo (two years ago) and soon was regretting it. I did, however, learn a lot of--ahh...interesting (shall we say) words.

But yeah, after being in Tokyo for 3 days...woo, what a difference. I grew up in LA, I guess I`m just not used to the whole country thing yet.
    Yo, other Asago ALT here (L.) - dude, it's not hard to get places. I drove down to Himeji yesterday, and from there you can hit the JR line to anywhere if you're jonesing for the urban scene. That said, I think I threw up a little in my mouth when I computed the price of a gallon of gas in US dollars.

Doesn't do O-ramas

I did go there and see quite a few young girls walking around who were quite pretty...now to find out where they go on Friday and Saturday nights hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by blind View Post
    Yo, other Asago ALT here (L.) - dude, it's not hard to get places. I drove down to Himeji yesterday, and from there you can hit the JR line to anywhere if you're jonesing for the urban scene. That said, I think I threw up a little in my mouth when I computed the price of a gallon of gas in US dollars.
    My main issue has been the lack of methods to return to my bed from a night of drinking in a far off place. I`ve lived in Japan before, and had plenty of adventures making/missing last train...the problem is that now I`ll have to drive after that last train.

But yeah, I`m getting the hell out of dodge this weekend...no JTE bbq to keep me from partying!

just sleep in a love hotel in himeji!!! i heard they're cheap and awesome.

I may just start heading to the local izakaya alone because I cannot stand another weekend just hanging around the area shopping and not partying.