Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Applying twice with AEON/Interac, etc?

Default Applying twice with AEON/Interac, etc?

Does anyone know whether or not AEON/Interac tends to look badly on people who have applied for a second time?

I'm almost certain that AEON's interviewers don't change, but I wonder whether they would discriminate on people who they rejected previously.

Interac might be different since if you bombed their video part (you get *one take*) and do well the next time, you might have a better chance...unless you did something else they didn't like, and you're blacklisted.

Has anyone applied once, been declined, then made it on the second try?

who fails an interac interview? did you try to rape the interviewer or something?

No, the interview itself went fine.

I did very poorly on the teaching demonstration video because I didn't prepare enough and froze up when she started recording.

I'm not an actor and I don't deal with context-less 'pretend' ad-lib situtations all that well.

That and I think I might have messed up the paperwork afterwards because they after telling me everything was in order, they later emailed me and said thanks but no thanks.

you can definitely apply & interview w/ aeon a 2nd time and get hired.

i am not 100% sure you can apply & interview twice with interac, but my guess would be yes. i think the video is for them to send out to schools (boards of education). if one boe/school didn't like you this round, they could send it to different ones next time. also interac is honestly so disorganized, i doubt they could figure out it was your 2nd time if you didn't tell them.

I <3 Melon Soda

I don't know about applying twice, but I applied to Interac when I was waiting for JET to upgrade me. Interac sent me an e-mail saying that despite my "impressive qualifications," they couldn't offer me a position.

I don't know what was up with that, since my interviewer recommended me, but I'm a JET now so I don't care. :-D It worked out for the best.

Just an example to show that you CAN be rejected by Interac and find success elsewhere.

that's bizarre... considering Interac is kind of a joke.

and JET isnt?

They sort of both are. They just have two different sets of batsh*t crazy criteria.

One is run by morons, the other is just a crapshoot.

If you cant even get a joke of a job what chance do you have of getting a normal one?

Spec-R,

I don't know how many times people, including those far wiser than I, have to tell you that just because your fragile little ego got broken like that doesn't mean that JET is a crapshoot.

OHH BOO-HOO I AM A QUALIFIED APPLICANT. Again, guess what, we all were. Hell, I was made Alternate despite having roughly the same qualifications as you and yet at least I had the good sense to not cry about it on online forums.

I'm sure many who applied and were just as good as us didn't get in. In fact, I know for a fact that over half my Japanese class didn't get past the application stage. Whatever. The criteria that select us are rather abitrary, but no more so than any other job.

In short, get the fuck over yourself.

The criteria are not necessarily arbitrary either, they just keep it a secret. The whole crapshoot idea is just perpetuated by people like Spec-R who get rejected and feel like they got screwed over.

The Japanese version of the Central Valley

Just to add in my 2 cents, but I studied abroad with a girl who applied for JET, seemed like a textbook case for a good applicant, but didn't even get an interview. Why? Because she has an awful personality with a huge superiority complex over others which probably seethed throughout her application that stood out like a huge red flag.

So honestly if your going to come off across like an egotistical maniac (Like her) or sperging out on your application, I don't think your getting past the first stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneiro View Post
    Spec-R,

I don't know how many times people, including those far wiser than I, have to tell you that just because your fragile little ego got broken like that doesn't mean that JET is a crapshoot.
    In case you didn't notice I was just joking in my last post. I don't think it's a total crapshoot... but there's simply a lot of factors that were kept in the dark about, and there's simply too many applicants for the number of interviews they can actually do to make it a really "fair" process.

OHH BOO-HOO I AM A QUALIFIED APPLICANT. Again, guess what, we all were. Hell, I was made Alternate despite having roughly the same qualifications as you and yet at least I had the good sense to not cry about it on online forums.
    I wouldn't have bitched at all if I had actually given given an interview. Being an alternate is still a much better situation than being cut down by people sifting through a bunch of paper work.

In short, get the fuck over yourself.
    Bitching is more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SethArmstrong View Post
    If you cant even get a joke of a job what chance do you have of getting a normal one?
    I already had one (a 30K full time salaried job). I hated my boss so I left it.

30k? US? wow, we are all impressed by your minimum wage earning power

In the case of a company like Aeon, an otherwise well-qualified applicant might not get a job offer because they're not cut out for sales

I've known several people who didn't make it into JET, and only one person who did. The guy who got in was not the smartest of the bunch, but he was the most sociable. Self-confident, outgoing, willing to work with others, and had an ego that wasn't easily bruised. I think the hiring process makes some sense.

Default Re: Applying twice with AEON/Interac, etc?

I applied for interac as an alternative to jet, then got the jet job and turned down interac. Now, one year later after being put in a placement I don`t enjoy I wonder what would have happened if i was with interac! (im cold and lonely! my best friend is a 70 year old woman that visits me 1 a week!)
    so- im job hunting to move on to my choice of placement, Do you think interac would let me re apply? hmmm, i suppose the is no harm in just trying rather that speculating!
    However- there are so many private companies (providing they aren`t going bankrupt) that seem to offer a more solid training and support system, both in and out of class. Sharing lesson plans, classroom observation etc. I would love some of that rather than training myself how to be a teacher. (In my placement im responsible for the curriculum and lessons, and often left alone to teach- which is good sometimes! but I aint a qualified teacher!)
    Any comments or advice on private companies in Osaka?

Did you recontract?

Nothing wrong with reapplying. A few companies have tried to leach me from jet. I think they have a list of all the super inaka jets and send them letters trying to get them to move to Saitaima for 60% pay.
    You see, gentlemen, a pimp's love is very different from a square's...
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by SethArmstrong View Post
    30k? US? wow, we are all impressed by your minimum wage earning power
    Christ. Even teachers make more than that. And wasn't Spec R and that other guy (with the onigiri avatar) both go on and on how they had high IQs, but didn't get to the interview stage???
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

AEON seemed to encourage people who weren't offered positions to apply again when I was there. They said they're doing very limited hiring due to the economy and to apply again. So I'd say yes. I don't know about Interac though.