Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Applying twice with AEON/Interac, etc?

Default Re: Applying twice with AEON/Interac, etc?

Right now everyone is doing really limited hiring, which makes this interviewing process a real pain in the ass. I have an AEON interview coming up but I'm not sure if I should even go. They had a full load on the Amity interview and seem to do these things once a week. If they're taking in ~13 applicants a week for both organizations (since they interview at the same place) and they only have a few jobs, theres a damn good chance that there aren't even jobs available and they're just doing business as usual. Aka, its a waste of everyone's time and money,

Also, interac said that they are only letting about 30% of applicants into the interviews right now, which is pretty bad.

And as for the $30k. I wish I was making that much right now. Its not bad to be getting that sort of pay when you're single.
    always a JETsmaid, never a JET.

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

But even teachers make more than that.
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

Quote Originally Posted by curtaineater View Post
    Right now everyone is doing really limited hiring, which makes this interviewing process a real pain in the ass. I have an AEON interview coming up but I'm not sure if I should even go. They had a full load on the Amity interview and seem to do these things once a week. If they're taking in ~13 applicants a week for both organizations (since they interview at the same place) and they only have a few jobs, theres a damn good chance that there aren't even jobs available and they're just doing business as usual. Aka, its a waste of everyone's time and money.
    Had about 60 people at my AEON interview, there was going to be more but about 40 deferred to a later date. Someone asked a question regarding how many positions they were hiring for and got an answer along the lines of:
    'If we think that everyone here is good enough then we'll hire all of you.'

I think in that scenario those who were'nt given an immediate position would be put onto some kind of waiting list until places freed up.

Well, imagine the logistics of a waiting list that large. If they actually wanted to hire all 60 of you, plus all the people from the other interviews, you could be on that list for years. Realistically, they probably hired well less than a quarter of the people from that group.
    always a JETsmaid, never a JET.

Your estimate is actually pretty spot on from what I saw. My group was last in so I got to see most of the others receiving their 'results envelope'. Although I'm not sure what the numbers from the personal interview were, I'd guess at half got accepted.

Depending on how much it would cost you/how much of an inconvinience it would be, I'd say it's worth going to have a look at AEON so you could see it for yourself as opposed to 2nd/3rd hand info. Although you obviously wouldn't get to see what it's like from just an interview/seminar session, you might be able to get a feel about whether it's a company that you want to work for or not.

Quote Originally Posted by heeyal View Post
    'If we think that everyone here is good enough then we'll hire all of you.'

I think in that scenario those who were'nt given an immediate position would be put onto some kind of waiting list until places freed up.
    Or, the guy was lying. Factoring in that AEON lies about everything, all the time, for no reason, if you'd worked there as I have, you would recognize that style of AEON bullshit.

They are reliable for the big things -- if they say you are hired, you are hired, and you will be paid when they say you will. Beyond that whatever else you hear from them is pretty much nonsense.

They are very adept at roping you into the process.

Nobody quits. Everyone (Japanese) is transferred, or (foreign) goes home for family emergencies. In our weekly meeting they told us the fact that the head teacher quit "might upset the students" so we were to tell them she had been transferred. I'm not going to kick up a fuss about that, whatever. Add in the stuff you have to say when doing new student interviews, progress reports, selling their crap, it is easy to see how this style of being full of shit encroaches on you.

You will also notice 90 - 95% of the managers are women. Simply curious about why, this was brought up to one of the people at headquarters (not during training, informally) who assured us it was very even, close to 50/50. Horseshit, and what a weird thing to lie about!

You will never get a straight answer out of AEON.

Secrets and lies, secrets and lies....

Who do you work for now, if you don't mind me asking? JET?

One of my friends got accepted to Aeon last summer and finally arrived in Japan last December. I can only imagine the wait is even longer now.