Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Applicants

Default 2009 Applicants

Okay, looks like there's a couple of us posting around now and I guess that will increase once the actual applications come out... so who here is planning on applying this year?

I am! I'll be graduating in May, and since I came back from studying abroad in Japan, I've been looking for ways to get back!

I've been reading so many of the posts for weeks now on here - a wealth of info.

I'm also applying this year Applications come out very soon too, the embassy website says that the app will tentatively go live on the 18th (for the US). Good luck everyone!

Wow, I didn't realise it was so soon!

I decided I wanted to do JET a month or so after applications closed last year, so have been lurking around this site for a long time now.

United States; Hoboken NJ Fujisato, Akita

Its so weird that it wasnt long ago I was in the same position, it was only a month of work for almost a year of waiting.

Good luck to you all, I hope you all have patients of saints.
    Superman once wrote on the wall: "Batman is a wimp."
    The next day Batman wrote: "Superman is Clark Kent."

Application time already? Geez, it really is weird to be on this side of it for the first time.

Good luck to everyone!
    "Dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions."

I'm applying this year. Hope I do okay. Good luck to everyone who is applying. ^_^

applying again. though who knows, i am pretty happy in the position im in now. who knows, may give it a whirl just for the heck of it

I'm thinking about applying this year. I downloaded last years application form from the japan embassy website to have a look and i couldn't find where you are supposed to write the essay and statement of purpose. I am in Australia if that makes any difference. If anyone who applied last year could possibly tell me if the essay question is in the application and where?

Yay, another Aussie! I was taking a look at the form a couple of days ago - there should be a link to the instructions as well as the application form itself, and it has the details for the SoP in there.

Hmmm... I just had another look and for the life of me I can't see the SoP in the instructions.... do you know what page it is on? Sorry for being so retarded Where abouts are you from? I'm in Brisbane.

I'm from Perth

You're looking at this page right? In the instructions pdf it's in the table on the last page - it basically just has the topic and format, not a lot of info if that's what you were looking for.

Wow! Australians! How unusual.

I'm from Sydney. I hope you get in if only for the fact that we need more Australians here.
    Melanie: back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdDxFsopVs

'Oh it's so wonderful to be an older woman. All this old stuff to do'

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    I'm from Perth

You're looking at this page right? In the instructions pdf it's in the table on the last page - it basically just has the topic and format, not a lot of info if that's what you were looking for.
    So it is! Thanks for that, I have a feeling that I could have read over the application many more times before seeing that I'm just going to blame it on being tired Now just to wait for the 2009 application to be released!

No probs! Sounds like it won't be too much longer now... I'm quite glad I have enough things going on to keep me occupied and distracted during this loooong application process.

Hiya Dombay! I hope a few more Aussies come along once the applications start too.

let's talk about socks gingerbread's Avatar

I'm going to be applying, as is my fiance (we're getting hitched in February). Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by gingerbread View Post
    I'm going to be applying, as is my fiance (we're getting hitched in February). Woohoo!
    I'll be coming over hitched, too! We're not getting married as early as Feb, so I hope that isn't a problem when it comes time for Visas, etc. (he's coming over as my dependent, if I get in, though, so I don't think it'd be as stressful as it would be if we were both applying- dunno yet, though).

let's talk about socks gingerbread's Avatar

I was a little concerned that we won't be married when we send in apps, but I called the consulate and they told me to just go ahead and say we're married. :P We figure that if one of us gets in and the other does not, the other will just follow on a dependent visa.

Greetings all.

Long time lurker here posting for the first time!
    I'll be applying this year, would have applied last year but I didn't really find out about such a thing until Dec 2008.
    Not long now before the applications are out and you get to experience the full extent of my newbie questions!

I'm applying this year as well. I'm super excited about Jet and have been planning on it since June 07.