Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JLPT Practice Test Time!

Default Re: JLPT Practice Test Time!

Lua I think listening is the easiest section - but that's because I live in Japan. Reading is the hardest. That thing fucks you into another dimension.
    Melanie: back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdDxFsopVs

'Oh it's so wonderful to be an older woman. All this old stuff to do'

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

Quote Originally Posted by dombay View Post
    Nice Wicket!

Don't let the listening slip away from you over there though hey? Maybe a good dose of NHK on Youtube? I'm sure you miss NHK. I run home every day after work to turn it on.
    Yeah, I watch a lot of Japanese youtube and my dramas and music, but it's not the same as listening to real conversations and just hearing Japanese being spoken all the time.

So jealous of you lot. I wouldn't mind if I were hearing English being spoken all the time, but half the time I can't understand what people here are saying.
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

77% on 1kyuu, but I won't feel confident about passing until I can consistently get above 80% on practice tests.

hmm.. 59%, 56%, 60% on past level 2 tests.... without doing listening, which could be really bad... i got a listening practice book last night and will be trying to work through that tomorrow and Saturday to get my ears ready... no, living in Japan for a year and 4 months hasn't gotten me ready for the type of listening on the test. Really, how often do you speak with someone who says the wrong things for 5 or 6 sentences only to finally say the right thing in the last or second to last sentence.

but.. i feel like maybe I might have a small, tiny, hint of a sliver of a glimmer of a hope of passing now.

either way... i've got a bottle of wine with my name on it for after the test.

Yea JLPT listening ... the bastards!

How often do you get 'what should we buy kacho for his birthday' at the pub and having to work out what your speaking partner is getting at by a process of elimination.

Or one really really obscure word that you've never heard before in your life changing the whole meaning of a conversation. That's how I learned 'nephew and niece' in Japanese. Because I never ever have to say it and it doesn't come up in conversation that much.

Quote Originally Posted by dombay View Post
    Yea JLPT listening ... the bastards!

How often do you get 'what should we buy kacho for his birthday' at the pub and having to work out what your speaking partner is getting at by a process of elimination.

Or one really really obscure word that you've never heard before in your life changing the whole meaning of a conversation. That's how I learned 'nephew and niece' in Japanese. Because I never ever have to say it and it doesn't come up in conversation that much.
    I hear you my friend.
    I've been grinding out the practice tests for a while now.
    I have the lady saying "男の人と女の人が話っています..." burned into my soul forever.
    Mark it zero!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti99 View Post
    "男の人と女の人が話っています..." burned into my soul forever.
    Hahaha absolutely!