Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: JLPT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bilbo's Cloak of Geekery goloons's Avatar

Default JLPT

2kyuu is going to eat my liver for breakfast in a few weeks. At this point, I'm really just hoping to get the 25% I should statistically get by picking random answers. Anyone else in the same boat?

Default Re: JLPT

1kyu for me. Failed last year but was 2% from passing or something. Hopefully I'm at least above that this year lol (though I've barely studied...)

I reckon all the people posting on the JLPT thread in the japanese forum will be in the same boat......

Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    2kyuu is going to eat my liver for breakfast in a few weeks. At this point, I'm really just hoping to get the 25% I should statistically get by picking random answers. Anyone else in the same boat?
    Here Here.... lol 2kyuu for the first time... I think I'm okay with kanji/vocab... grammar and listening will have its way with me and then throw me away.
    With a belt on my head, underpants over my shorts, and my sidekick Quaildog... I AM QUAILMAN

Power, Patience, Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by matt360 View Post
    Yesterday I went and picked up an iPhone4 and my girlfriend fucking dropped it before I could put it in the case. The screen is fine, but the edges are scuffed a little. I was gonna punch her but she started crying so I just slapped her really hard instead.

Yeah, my partner at my Japanese class has already been here for a year and a half and spends all his time studying, and he knows he's going to fail.

Me... Well... I'm posting on here when I could be studying kanji and keigo.

Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    Yeah, my partner at my Japanese class has already been here for a year and a half and spends all his time studying, and he knows he's going to fail.

Me... Well... I'm posting on here when I could be studying kanji and keigo.

You really shouldn't worry. Your partner is English after all. They're not known for being the most bright and happy people.

And he doesn't spend ALL his time studying. I happen to know for a fact that he spends many afternoon teasing his hair in the office. Hours. Its quite the sight.

Well if gets to the point where I study study study the grammar... and then i just forget it because i never use most of these 2kyuu grammar points or ever hear them used in conversation.

I should continue making my flashcards for my vocab, but i forgot the stupid little index guys at home :/
    With a belt on my head, underpants over my shorts, and my sidekick Quaildog... I AM QUAILMAN

Power, Patience, Speed.

Yesterday I went and picked up an iPhone4 and my girlfriend fucking dropped it before I could put it in the case. The screen is fine, but the edges are scuffed a little. I was gonna punch her but she started crying so I just slapped her really hard instead.

2kyu, bitches! Failed that shit by 3% last year, but I'll destroy it this year. Might try for 1kyu in the summer if I have the time to devote to it.
    http://tokyoscum.blogspot.com/ I'm a complete dick or your money back!

GentleよりWildに, WildよりDangerous, 試してみれば!

さいて! さいた! 風に揺られて
    おだやかな坂は薄化粧
    下駄鳴らして口笛合わせ
    凛として はんなりの こころ

東方封魔録

Do you all have your vouchers yet? I hear they're starting to come in, but nothing for me yet. Cutting it a little close I think.

Do you all have your vouchers yet? I hear they're starting to come in, but nothing for me yet. Cutting it a little close I think.
    Just got mine yesterday... Friggin TOUDAI AGAIN!!!!!!!!! fuck.. i hate going there. It's such a cluster-fuck getting there (in and out the station/train)

Power, Patience, Speed.

I'm still voucherless.

I think the test can sense my fear and is now just toying with me by not sending it.

This will be my first time taking the test, but do they always wait so long to send the vouchers? If you don't get your anticipated test center you're kind of screwed.

This will be my first time taking the test, but do they always wait so long to send the vouchers? If you don't get your anticipated test center you're kind of screwed.
    Where did you request?

I requested Tokyo last year and this... and i got Toudai... but some of my friends got Waseda last year

Power, Patience, Speed.

Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA

Side note:

I just heard that they are adding a level to the JTPT in 2010. Because the jump from 3 to 2 was so big, the want to add a step between.

Quote Originally Posted by kalliea View Post
    Side note:

I just heard that they are adding a level to the JTPT in 2010. Because the jump from 3 to 2 was so big, the want to add a step between.
    Adding a new level 3 inbetween the current level 3 and level 2. Now level 3 becomes level 4 and now level 4 becomes level 5... and this starts Dec. 09 i believe.

Power, Patience, Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by DougTheHakujin View Post
    Adding a new level 3 inbetween the current level 3 and level 2. Now level 3 becomes level 4 and now level 4 becomes level 5... and this starts Dec. 09 i believe.
    The new level 1 will also be more difficult.

I requested Hiroshima University. I have no idea where the next closest location would be. Maybe Okayama or Shimonoseki? I sent my application in the first weekend it was available so as long as it's a first-received first-placed system I should be fine with Hirodai. I'll find out soon enough.

Mine is finally in Kanazawa, about damn time. It was depressing having to head over to Toyama the past few years.
    http://tokyoscum.blogspot.com/ I'm a complete dick or your money back!

GentleよりWildに, WildよりDangerous, 試してみれば!

さいて! さいた! 風に揺られて
    おだやかな坂は薄化粧
    下駄鳴らして口笛合わせ
    凛として はんなりの こころ

東方封魔録

Quote Originally Posted by Atalante View Post
    Mine is finally in Kanazawa, about damn time. It was depressing having to head over to Toyama the past few years.

Fucking liar.

You're a SECOND YEAR!

For fuck's sake, give it up!
    Me Rikey Very Much!!!

I figured they would up the ante a bit for level 2 and 1... I'm getting my level two before next december... that way i can flaunt the 2 without having to deal with the BS lol... that and i already have level 3 in my back pocket... so if i pass the new level 3... it would look the same on paper.. and that's no good.

Power, Patience, Speed.