Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So how do you think you went?

Default So how do you think you went?

So how are we all feeling after todays crazy madness? Did anyone see someone get a red card? Any crazy stories to impart?

More importantly, who is crazy enough to do it all again next year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
    I now pronounce you Genki Freak and Rockstar.

愛すべき物のため
    愛をくれる物のためできること

Aisubeki mono no tame
    Ai o kureru mono no tame dekiru koto 

For that which I should love,
    For that which gives me love, I will do what I can.

Default Re: So how do you think you went?

no red cards but kashima lifted the trophy after beating sapporo. I'll probably watch next season, dont know why you would think thats crazy.

2q was hard. I did ok I think in sections one and three but was completely violated by the listening somehow. Oh well.

And yea we had a few cardings. We had this one proctor who was clearly enjoying carding everyone in sight. Only one person booted though.
    Melanie: back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdDxFsopVs

'Oh it's so wonderful to be an older woman. All this old stuff to do'

I passed it pretty easily if you don't count all the grammar questions I guessed. I think I pretty much got full marks on the kanji bits.

SHIT SHIT and SHIT. The listening test this time seemed a lot more confusing than normal. If I have passed, it will be a miracle. My test site was like nearly 2 hours away by 2 trains and a bus route. Plus it seemed like bloody forever waiting for the tests to start and end. The last paper, there was like some person going on about who hated and liked who. I just can't seem to grasp those sort of concepts in Japanese. So even when I can read, and also the Kanji, I suck still. Can't believe I spent early 8000yen and a waste of a day on failing this test. Ah well, same time next year! Or in this case next June I think! I guess next time I should study

I was going for 3q, and I don't think it went very well. If I do pass, it'll be by the skin of my teeth. We had two yellow cards, but no one thrown out.

Here's my random, Japanese/foreigners conspiracy theory of the week: The two people who got yellow cards were either Chinese or Korean. The white folks were breaking some rules, but got a pass. The Russian chick sitting in front of me had her gaijin card on the table the whole time, and had an clock that made ticking noises. The horror!
    She was a blond hair, blue eyed, kawaii gaijin that didn't hear the announcements to put the card away, and not to have anything that makes a noise. However, if a Chinese/Korean/south east Asian opens the test book before the recording says so, YELLOW CARD.

I know, paranoid and I'm digging too deeply, but these were the thoughts that crossed my mind as we waited 15 min. for the test to start while the proctors were standing in front of the room staring at us, mumbling quietly to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by dombay View Post
    Only one person booted though.
    How did it go down? Two yellow cards? Or a an awkward, scene causing RED CARD?
    Mark it zero!

yeah... what's with the whole taking almost an entire day taking this test when it could be done in the morning.... do we really need a 40 minute break between sections!?

I think I might have been yellow carded... but I don't know. I didn't look up. But we were waiting to start again. It was after a call to turn of cell phones and I was thinking about the grammar stuff.. and I thought, oh wait, what was that... and so I got out my packet to look it up. I was looking it up for a couple minutes and just kept reading and then she made an announcement. But I wasn't really listening. No one booted. But definitely a Chinese guy flipping through his test books like he was tachiyomiing or whatever.

As for the question at hand.... um.. pass or fail.. could be either. More likely fail. My highest practice test was 60 percent. Meaning my range is like 50-60. So I have a 1/10 chance of passing maybe.

kanji/vocab... harder than the practices.
    listening.. completely new to me, pictures harder than no pictures
    reading/grammar... first story harder than usual but in general easier than practices... especially grammar. Guessed on the last 5 readings.

; /

The Japanese version of the Central Valley

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti99 View Post
    I was going for 3q, and I don't think it went very well. If I do pass, it'll be by the skin of my teeth. We had two yellow cards, but no one thrown out.

Here's my random, Japanese/foreigners conspiracy theory of the week: The two people who got yellow cards were either Chinese or Korean. The white folks were breaking some rules, but got a pass. The Russian chick sitting in front of me had her gaijin card on the table the whole time, and had an clock that made ticking noises. The horror!
    She was a blond hair, blue eyed, kawaii gaijin that didn't hear the announcements to put the card away, and not to have anything that makes a noise. However, if a Chinese/Korean/south east Asian opens the test book before the recording says so, YELLOW CARD.

I know, paranoid and I'm digging too deeply, but these were the thoughts that crossed my mind as we waited 15 min. for the test to start while the proctors were standing in front of the room staring at us, mumbling quietly to themselves.

How did it go down? Two yellow cards? Or a an awkward, scene causing RED CARD?
    I think it's probably because, or at least in the US, that Chinese exchange students are really terrible when it comes to cheating and plagiarism. My friend who majored in electrical engineering had some choice stories of the international students in his class, and how his professor loved to fail them out of the class.

2kyu was kind of tough, I should of studied more but oh well, what can you do? If I fail it, no big deal since I'm going to retake it in July. I look at myself taking it this year as more of a dry run, than anything else to see what's expected to be on the test.

I did get a hoot out of being one of the only two non-asians in the room sitting on the exam!

I also agree with the long breaks! I wanted to get it over with ASAP and get my ass home but no, we had those really long breaks.

It's all a matter of perspective though. If you're allowed to get one yellow card, why not make use of it and cheat a little?

I didn't, but I can see the logic in it, if you're really slow.
    Me Rikey Very Much!!!

What are those yellow and red cards you guys keep talking about? I never saw anything like that today...

oh man yeah...seriously i don't know if it was because I was in a stressful environment, but I think that my lvl3 test was WAY harder than previous years tests...esp the last reading...

ugh...I think I did pass...but it wasn't by a whole lot. is there a place online where we can check our scores before they mail it to us?

Maybe it's just a Japan thing then.
    Me Rikey Very Much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lua View Post
    What are those yellow and red cards you guys keep talking about? I never saw anything like that today...
    Think of a soccer game. A little violation (like opening your test too soon) is a yellow card, and a big violation (like looking at someone else's test) is a red card. Two yellows = a red.

Quote Originally Posted by Timoshi View Post
    Maybe it's just a Japan thing then.
    Absolutely. I never heard of such a thing back home, even for big tests like the SAT's and such.
    Mark it zero!

aWWwww why do we have to wait until FEBRUARY to find out our scores?! seriously- how long does it take for a computer to correct a bunch of scantron sheets??

I don't really know how I did. I didn't do terrible, but I'm not super confident that I passed either. I'm just waiting for some of those Chinese cheaters to put the answers up on the Internet.

Japanistan already has it, courtesy of mie jets, courtesy the Chinese cheaters.
    Me Rikey Very Much!!!

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

Chinese cheaters?
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

Quote Originally Posted by AliDimayev View Post
    Chinese cheaters?
    Mark it zero!

Everyone in my test room was immenseley stupid. I spotted at least 5 people I would have booted, not that it would have mattered because they clearly didn't understand Japanese well enough to follow the instructions, but the invidulators were less than useless.

One particular clown actually picked up his answer sheet, pointed to one of the answers and started audibly talking to another guy about it. Level 4 - joke test! The same comedy chap got yellow carded later for writing after being told to stop (fair do's) but when the invidulator showed him the yellow card he started asking about one of the questions and then continued to write stuff down.

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

What is allt he confusion. NO one has taken a test before or can follow simple instructions?
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Timoshi View Post
    Japanistan already has it, courtesy of mie jets, courtesy the Chinese cheaters.
    Link please?