Thread: International MBA programs

Default International MBA programs

I've got almost a year before I'll be applying for a program, but I'm giving a lot of thought to getting an MBA with an international focus (I'll get the MBA at an American school, but may do study abroad / an internship in an Asian country). I've only seen this option for less-prestigious universities like U Memphis, not universities in BW's top 30; I haven't looked at all of them yet, just the ones that I'm especially interested in.

How have you or will you folks in the Asia-related business track do it? Get a regular MBA and just use those credentials here? I guess JET would count for some pretty good international experience (though admittedly it's not business experience...).

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

Default Re: International MBA programs

I know it is not exactly what you are looking for, but it may give you or some one else somethign to think about....and also i didnt know where else to post it...

http://www.iuj.ac.jp/
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

Thanks Mark - I actually had looked at that before, and according to [Asian rankings that I've never heard of before finding online...so who knows about their reliability], it was considered a top-ten IMBA program in Asia. I'll have to investigate further.

One thing I'm thinking of doing is just getting in touch with a few corps in Japan, US and Japanese, and simply asking what they're looking for, and ask if they've ever heard of X program. I imagine that will be a better indicator than anything else - but I want to know more about these programs before I waste their time/opinion of me.

Default Re: International MBA programs

Can you be more specific with your career plans?

My plan is to apply for the following;

1. University of Hawaii - Japan focus MBA
    2. Hitosubashi University - Through the MEXT scholarship
    3. Back up schools

Personally I want to have a Japan related career in the future where I can maximize my knowledge of Japanese and Japanese culture. Which is why I am looking at Hawaii's program and a Japanese university.

However, Japanese companies largely prefer American MBAs. But the mext scholarship and the free MBA it gives overrides that for me. But you should keep that in mind.
    You see, gentlemen, a pimp's love is very different from a square's...
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)