Thread: Daijob Go Global Career Fair 2009

Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar

Default Daijob Go Global Career Fair 2009

https://www.daijob.com/en/cfair/eventmain/1 (There's also a presumably similar one on February 20-21, which is the one I'm going to.)

Is anyone else going to this? And if so, is anyone else completely terrified?
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

Default Re: Daijob Go Global Career Fair 2009

I'm interested in hearing how this went. What level of Japanese were the companies looking for? Did you fit that level? Was JET recognized among the companies present?
    You see, gentlemen, a pimp's love is very different from a square's...
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwimusume View Post
    https://www.daijob.com/en/cfair/eventmain/1 (There's also a presumably similar one on February 20-21, which is the one I'm going to.)

Is anyone else going to this? And if so, is anyone else completely terrified?
    I may go to it if I am not offered another contract
    " I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"-Barry Goldwater

I didn't go to the one on Saturday, as I only found out about it on Friday (otherwise I probably would have.) There's another one, two days this time, on February 20-21, and that's the one I'm going to. I'll give you all the details afterwards, though!
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

I didn't go to the one on Saturday, as I only found out about it on Friday (otherwise I probably would have.) There's another one, two days this time, on February 20-21, and that's the one I'm going to. I'll give you all the details afterwards, though!
    Yeah, I am thinking of attending just on the 21 if I can. I know there is another one offered by Global Leader Navi on March 7.

My boss told me my CO won't offer me another contract. So a-job hunting we will go!
    " I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"-Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by cvmurrieta View Post
    Yeah, I am thinking of attending just on the 21 if I can. I know there is another one offered by Global Leader Navi on March 7.
    God DAMN it! Figures that I find this out AFTER buying a non-refundable plane ticket for the Returning JETs Conference right after this. But thanks for the heads up!

Also, have you been to one of these things before? I haven't, so I don't really know what I'm supposed to do...
    Last edited by kiwimusume; January 22nd, 2009 at 22:59.

God DAMN it! Figures that I find this out AFTER buying a non-refundable plane ticket for the Returning JETs Conference right after this. But thanks for the heads up!

Also, have you been to one of these things before? I haven't, so I don't really know what I'm supposed to do...
    Prepare a resume in both English and Japanese, throw on a suit, listen to some presenters, check out the offerings at the company booths. The one I went to with had Pasona recruiters interviewing on the spot for job referrals, and companies like Panasonic doing prelim interviews right there.

*takes note* Thanks!

So, if some of them are interviewing on the spot, then I really need to be researching some of these companies before I go, right? (Sorry if this all sounds completely noob-ish.)

Also, I see there's one in Osaka the weekend before. That one would be recruiting for Osaka branches while the Tokyo one recruits for Tokyo branches, right? So if you have no problem living in Osaka, it'd be beneficial to go to both, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    Prepare a resume in both English and Japanese, throw on a suit, listen to some presenters, check out the offerings at the company booths. The one I went to with had Pasona recruiters interviewing on the spot for job referrals, and companies like Panasonic doing prelim interviews right there.
    Dawg, how are you preparing the Japanese resume? Are you just preparing one on Word, or are you going to write one out as well?

I ask because I had a Japanese friend check over a Japanese resume I had prepared in Word, and he said he considers computer-generated resumes to lack feeling compared to a handwritten one.

I am considering doing both. And did you just make a rirekisho or a shokumukeirekisho as well? Right now I have only a rirekisho but am considering making a shokumukeirekisho as well.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by cvmurrieta View Post
    Dawg, how are you preparing the Japanese resume? Are you just preparing one on Word, or are you going to write one out as well?

I ask because I had a Japanese friend check over a Japanese resume I had prepared in Word, and he said he considers computer-generated resumes to lack feeling compared to a handwritten one.

I am considering doing both. And did you just make a rirekisho or a shokumukeirekisho as well? Right now I have only a rirekisho but am considering making a shokumukeirekisho as well.

Cheers!
    For simplicity of editting, I have my J-resume on word from one of those premade templates downloaded off the internet. When it's finalized (which it pretty much is), I'm of course going to write it out to submit to employers when the time comes. In fact, I'mma write it out, and scan it to PDF (so they can see my handwriting) for online submissions too. Handwriting is definitely the way to go.

So far I only have a rirekisho because I'm lazy, but I think it's best to prepare a short shokumukeirekisho too, especially if you've spent a lot of time in one job.

Also, I see there's one in Osaka the weekend before. That one would be recruiting for Osaka branches while the Tokyo one recruits for Tokyo branches, right? So if you have no problem living in Osaka, it'd be beneficial to go to both, right?
    Generally all that information will be listed on the Job Fair website for the companies that submitted information. For example at the Tokyo fair, Brother, which surprising was the most enticing company, only had positions available in Nagoya.

(read the website for the job fair thoughly, has lots of information. naturally, if your japanese isn't good enough to do so, then you won't be a likely candidate for a job because there are tons of douchebag cut-throat chinese people at these fairs that have written every test out there to give them 'creds', like JLPT1, that employers like -- too bad they're as socially inept as you can get, so they really only take the interview spots and not the jobs)