Thread: Financial Aid Loans for Studying

Default Financial Aid Loans for Studying

Hey,

I don't know if anybody else knows about this but I plan on going to grad school but in the year before I apply, I need to study a language intensively. I have to go abroad most likely to do this but I was wondering if people knew if loans like the Perkins and Stafford can be used or other similarly structured loans. Do they exist?

I nearly got the Fulbright last year but I wouldn't want to wait again to try and the Defense Institute is the same thing. Also, I wouldn't be a graduate student at the time. Anybody with any knowledge of this subject?

Default Re: Financial Aid Loans for Studying

Seriously? Get a job.

You must have no understanding of finance at all to want to accrue debt while not developing a tangible asset like a degree. There are 168 hours in a week. If you can't squeeze a part time job in there to pay for your skin mag and whippet addictions then you fail.

I can't imagine any reason where studying "so intensively" in a foreign country would be more financially feasible than working your way through some lessons in your home country. If you want to study to learn a language, you do it in your own country where you can ask questions. If you want to live to learn a language, you move somewhere.

I think you're avoiding reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Roving_gypsy_gurl View Post
    all the tots want to do is dig a hole, show me the hole, and then fill the hole in again.