Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: What are your students listening to?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Saitaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Saitama or Tokyo
    Posts
    2,245

    Default What are your students listening to?

    Who is popular among the Japanese high school students these days? I need music for a game that I'm doing in class, I want to pick something they would like.

  2. #2
    Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S-A-G-A Saga!
    Posts
    2,740

    Default Re: What are your students listening to?

    I don't work at a high school, but Arashi, NEWS, Exile and Greeeen are popular at my junior high. I've also heard the songs Kimi Ga Suki De by Lil' B and Ima Demo Zutto by Spontania featuring Itou Yuna a lot recently. If you want help getting hold of any of this stuff, PM me.
    Last edited by kiwimusume; February 8th, 2009 at 16:41.
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

  3. #3
    VIP Coollead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Yes We Kansai!
    Posts
    8,855

    Default Re: What are your students listening to?

    GREEEEN. <3333333

    Seriously. The kids love singing GReeeeN in the hallways and crap.

  4. #4
    Senior Member hikoukigumo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Among the pine trees
    Posts
    350

    Default Re: What are your students listening to?

    EXILE... always, always EXILE.
    I was drunk at the beach and fell into a ditch.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Saitaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Saitama or Tokyo
    Posts
    2,245

    Default Re: What are your students listening to?

    ok I'll pick greeen, he is (they are)at the top of the jpop charts. and I'll throw in Yazima Beauty Salon for the fun of it.

  6. #6
    VIP Coollead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Yes We Kansai!
    Posts
    8,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saitaman View Post
    ok I'll pick greeen, he is (they are)at the top of the jpop charts. and I'll throw in Yazima Beauty Salon for the fun of it.
    They're a group of four dentists that have never shown their faces. :O

  7. #7
    Senior Member Saitaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Saitama or Tokyo
    Posts
    2,245

    Default Re: What are your students listening to?

    you are talking about greeen? I guess they don't do many concerts then. Maybe they are really ugly and know if they show their faces it will hurts their sales.

  8. #8
    VIP Coollead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Yes We Kansai!
    Posts
    8,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saitaman View Post
    you are talking about greeen? I guess they don't do many concerts then. Maybe they are really ugly and know if they show their faces it will hurts their sales.
    Yeah, they haven't toured.

    If they did, I'd be there with the rest of the screaming teenage girls, I'll tell you that much.

    I'm going to have to settle for Mr. Children tickets instead.

  9. #9

    Default Re: What are your students listening to?

    Just wondering, but why not play some English language music instead? It would give you a chance to expose them to new stuff (cultural exchange, innit) and also means they won't just be singing along in Japanese and paying zero attention to the lesson. Just a thought. Anyway, yeah, kids at my school like the following:

    Exile
    Arashi
    Orange Range
    Bump Of Chicken
    UVERworld
    Yuzu
    Mr. Children
    B'z
    Mika Nakashima
    Mr Children
    Kat-tun
    Kinki Kids
    Radwimps
    Greeeeen
    Ellegarden

    Of those, I think the most popular are probably Exile, Arashi, Bump Of Chicken and Radwimps.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Saitaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Saitama or Tokyo
    Posts
    2,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marrissey View Post
    Just wondering, but why not play some English language music instead? It would give you a chance to expose them to new stuff (cultural exchange, innit) and also means they won't just be singing along in Japanese and paying zero attention to the lesson. Just a thought. Anyway, yeah, kids at my school like the following:

    Exile
    Arashi
    Orange Range
    Bump Of Chicken
    UVERworld
    Yuzu
    Mr. Children
    B'z
    Mika Nakashima
    Mr Children
    Kat-tun
    Kinki Kids
    Radwimps
    Greeeeen
    Ellegarden

    Of those, I think the most popular are probably Exile, Arashi, Bump Of Chicken and Radwimps.

    I could have done that, but I already bought the song and used it in my first class for that lesson, now I have to do it a million more times over the next week and a half.

  11. #11
    Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S-A-G-A Saga!
    Posts
    2,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    They're a group of four dentists that have never shown their faces. :O
    My dentist plays their stuff a lot because of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

  12. #12

    Default

    What are your students listening to?
    Shitty J-pop.

  13. #13
    Senior Member EisforElissa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Echizen-shi, Fukui-ken
    Posts
    462

    Default Re: What are your students listening to?

    The majority are crazy about shitty J-pop...but I have a few students really into American shitty music too...
    "The difference between poets and madmen is the destiny of the madness that drives them"
    Jose Saramago

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •