Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Applying for '05? Post here!

This is an aside to the location choice dealy, but it probably is something worth mentioning in case other people find themselves in a similar situation...

I had a lot of fun with my University paperwork. I had graduated several years ago, but had mislaid (translated: set fire to it one cold winter night) my degree certificate. Big problem? No. A quick visit to the Uni resulted in a signed, fully authorized letter stating my final grade. With that my forms were sent off, and I relaxed.

After my interview and offer of acceptance, it was pointed out to me by the Embassy (In a rather, 'oh, thought you should know' fashion), that while the letter was sufficient for what had gone before, in order to get a valid work visa I had to produce my actual degree certificate. I was of course told this about ten or so days before the visa processing information had to be handed in...

Cue me running to my Uni to ask them to make a copy, only to find that it usually takes a week to process, and that the person in charge of it all was to go on fortnight's holiday in two days time.

Thankfully everything worked out okay, but for the current applicants it might be worth making sure that you have all the docos safely stored away. I wish I had done so. (Damn near had a seizure).

yabighoor

I did something equally as stoopid, graduated from uni and stooopidly forgot that i had to take my cert with me to orientation so sent it home with my parents. Realised about 2 days before said orientation that i didn`t have it whereupon the parentals sent it speedy style but it did not arrive on time. I therefore had to phone the university, speak to a very disgruntled woman who did not want to help me, eventually she did and had it couriered over to Edinburgh University.

What a malarkey for my thoughlessness, don`t be silly like me and make sure that you`re all sorted with your certs and put them in a safe place!!!!!

Silly Hoor

As of 1630 hours yesterday, I became an applicant again.

At least I know what to expect this year after pulling out last minute, so time to get on with my life until then send me a letter.

So Kel look out Drag Dave is on his way for ya! :wink:

I sent in my application on Nov. 19 (after many problems with my second reference), and the online tracking-thing says it was delivered on the 23rd. I'm hoping to get my confirmation letter soon (or at least some day).

Now I'm just waiting, worrying that I did something wrong on the application... And if I should actually get an interview, the panicking shall be mighty!
    ~Indigo

Best bet is to just chill, I went through all this last year and it's more hassle than it is worth being over anxious about it. Just chill and check the mail every so often

Good luck though!

Default Spelling mistakes

Yet another 2005 applicant here.

I've wanted to go on the JET scheme for some time, but when it came around to getting the forms filled and documents together I found it took a lot longer then I expected. I still got everything in with over a week to spare, but I then noticed a few spelling mistakes on my application form... eek!

I'm desperately hoping that this won't matter too much, so far I haven't got a contingency plan yet.
    I'm also currently worrying about not being around when (and if) a summons for an interview is delivered, and how the interview will go.

Well, I'm off to learn some more kanji. Good luck everyone.

(edited for... spelling mistakes)

I have to admit I was lucky I got my application together in a couple of days which is just as well as I kinda forgot how close the deadline was ops: Luckily I had a couple of friends at the uni who acquired the paperwork for me no trouble

Another Jet '05 hopeful here!

Mizu

Hey there! I'm a Canadian JET '05 hopeful (not too many of us on here it seems). I had my interview already but who knows? Everyone just kept smiling at me no matter what I said! We'll find out in a few short (or long!) weeks! Good luck to everyone!